GCU Educator of the Month Rules
2. Contest open to individuals residing within 75 miles of US Airways Center, except employees and immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of Grand Canyon University (“GCU”), Suns Legacy Partners, L.L.C. aka the Phoenix Suns, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties Inc., Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership, Sports & Entertainment Services, LLC, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees and agents.
3. To participate, students must complete an online nomination form, explaining why his/her teacher or guidance counselor is worthy of being named the Educator of the Month. Proposal forms must be filled out, in their entirety, online here between Monday, November 5, 2012 and Friday, April 5, 2013. If student is under the age of 18, permission from legal guardian must be granted. Limit one (1) entry per student. Teachers or guidance counselors for which nomination forms are submitted by April 5, 2013 will be eligible for one (1) of six (6) Educator of the Month recognitions awarded by GCU.
4. Six (6) teachers or guidance counselors will be chosen as recipients of the six (6) awards. Selections will be based on the completed nomination forms and the level or service and dedication possessed by the nominee as expressed in each nomination form. The winner of the Educator of the Month award chosen for each month will be invited to one (1) pre-selected Suns home game during the 2012-13 season. Each winner will receive four (4) lower-level tickets to that game, dinner in Club Annexus at US Airways Center for four (4), a $50 Team Shop gift card and the opportunity to view pre-game warm-ups from the Suns bench before being recognized on the main court prior to tip-off. The student who nominates the winning educator for each respective month (as noted on nomination form chosen) will also receive four (4) tickets to said Suns game and the opportunity to view pregame warm-ups from the Suns bench.
5. Winners will be notified no less than five (5) days prior to each pre-selected monthly Suns game and will have two (2) business days to reply before an alternate winner will be selected and notified.
6. All winners shall be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with the game, unless otherwise indicated. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize shall be permitted except at the Phoenix Suns’ option for a prize of comparable or greater value.
7. Approximate value of prizes:
8. Chances of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
9. A list of winners can be obtained by sending a self-address envelope to GCU Educator of the Month Award Winners, C/O Phoenix Suns, Attn: Nicole Taylor, 201 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ, 85004.
10. By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules of the contest and to indemnify and hold Grand Canyon University, the Phoenix Suns, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties Inc., Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership, Sports & Entertainment Services, LLC, the City of Phoenix, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents against any and all liability, personal injury (including death), damages or causes of action (however named or described) harmless, with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use by either the nominee or nominator of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
11. Grand Canyon University, the Phoenix Suns, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties Inc., Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership and Sports & Entertainment Services, LLC, may use, reproduce and publish any and all photographs and videotapes which may be taken immediately before, during or immediately after any GCU Educator of the Month award recognition, whether such photographs or videotapes are flattering or unflattering, for any purpose whatsoever, without compensation to the participant. All such photographs and videotapes will be the sole and complete property of the Phoenix Suns.
12. Contest void where prohibited.