APS Green Team
OFFICIAL RULES 2012-13
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Contest open to schools within 75 miles of US Airways Center, except employees and immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of APS, Suns Legacy Partners, L.L.C. aka the Phoenix Suns, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties Inc., Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership, Sports & Entertainment Services, LLC, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees and agents.
3. To participate, students must complete an online application form, explaining why his/her school club, class or team is worthy of being named a part of the APS Green Team. Proposal forms must be filled out, in their entirety, online at www.nba.com/suns/fans/aps_greenteam.html between Monday, September 2, 2012 and Friday, April 5, 2013. If student is under the age of 18, permission from legal guardian must be granted. Limit one (1) entry per student. Schools for which nomination forms are submitted by April 5, 2013 will be eligible for one (1) of twelve (12) Green Team recognition games awarded by APS.
4. Twenty-four (24) schools will be chosen as recipients of the twelve (12) recognition games. Selections will be based on the completed nomination forms and the level or service and dedication demonstrated by the nominee as expressed in each application form. The winners of the APS Green Team awards will be invited to one (1) pre-selected Suns home game during the 2012-13 season. Each winner will receive thirty (30) lower-level tickets to that game, thirty (30) official APS Green Team T-shirts, and the opportunity for three (3) members of the group to be recognized on court at halftime.
5. Selected schools will be notified no less than seven (7) days prior to each pre-selected Suns game and will have two (2) days to reply before an alternate winner will be selected and notified.
6. All winners shall be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with the game including but not limited to transportation, parking, and food and beverages unless otherwise indicated. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize shall be permitted except at the Phoenix Suns’ option for a prize of comparable or greater value.
7. Approximate value of each prize: $1500
8. Chances of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
9. A list of winners can be obtained by sending a self-address envelope to APS Green Team Winners, C/O Phoenix Suns, Attn: Nicole Taylor, 201 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ, 85004.
10. By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules of the contest and to indemnify and hold APS, the Phoenix Suns, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties Inc., Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership, Sports & Entertainment Services, LLC, the City of Phoenix, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents against any and all liability, personal injury (including death), damages or causes of action (however named or described) harmless, with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant’s participation; or (ii) the receipt or use by either the nominee or nominator of the prizes awarded in the promotion.
11. APS, the Phoenix Suns, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, NBA Properties Inc., Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership and Sports & Entertainment Services, LLC, may use, reproduce and publish any and all photographs and videotapes which may be taken immediately before, during or immediately after any APS Green Team recognition, whether such photographs or videotapes are flattering or unflattering, for any purpose whatsoever, without compensation to the participant. All such photographs and videotapes will be the sole and complete property of the Phoenix Suns.
12. Contest void where prohibited.