CenturyLink Team Assist Contest Rules
“CenturyLink Team Assist Contest” -- Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the “CenturyLink Team Assist Contest” (the “Contest”) constitutes Entrant’s and Winner’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (as defined below), which are FINAL AND BINDING in all respects. RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WTIHOUT NOTICE. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States who, at the time of participation, are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older and reside within seventy-five (75) miles of the US Airways Center (“Entrant”). Only one (1) individual may be identified as an Entrant. All directors, officers, volunteers and employees of Sponsor, Suns Legacy Partners, LLC d/b/a the Phoenix Suns (“Administrator”), the National Basketball Association and its Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., Sports & Entertainment Services, LLC, Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership d/b/a US Airways Center, Phoenix Mercury Basketball, LLC d/b/a the Phoenix Mercury, and each of their respective companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, agents, advertising and Contest agencies, and each of their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses), and those living in the same household as each, are not eligible to participate in or win any prize in the Contest.
3. CONTEST OVERVIEW: The object of the contest is to demonstrate why a varsity high school basketball program (boys and girls) of your choice located within 75 miles of the US Airways Center is in need of new basketball equipment.
4. PRIZES: The following “Prizes” will be awarded:
- General Prize—Five (5) high schools will each receive (i) a donation in the amount of $1,000.00; (ii) thirty (30) tickets to one (1) Phoenix Suns regular season home game* and recognition during an on-court pregame presentation that same game (“General Prize”).
* (i) December 18, 2013; (ii) January 19, 2014; (iii) February 19, 2014; (iv) March 2, 2014; (v) April 2, 2014. The specific game high school attends and is recognized during an on-court halftime presentation shall be determined by Sponsor.
- Grand Prize—One (1) high school will receive an additional donation of $5,000.00 (“Grand Prize”).
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS: All winning high schools (“Winner”) must disperse the Prizes equally to their boys and girls varsity basketball teams. Administrator will order and purchase the equipment outlined in the Contest Submission for the winning high schools.
6. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest will begin on Monday, October 28, 2013 at 9:00AM local Phoenix time and end on Monday, March 17, 2014 at 5:00PM local Phoenix time (“Contest Period”). The Contest Period shall be divided into five (5) subperiods as follows: (i) October 28, 2013 through November 27, 2013; (ii) November 28, 2013 through December 29, 2013; (iii) December 30, 2013 through January 30, 2014; (iv) January 31, 2014 through February 14, 2014; and (v) February 15, 2014 through March 17, 2014 (each a “Subperiod”). The Administrator’s computer system shall be the official timekeeper.
8. WINNER(S) SELECTION: Representatives of the Administrator and Sponsor (“Judges”) will judge all eligible Contest Submissions based on the degree of the high school’s need for basketball equipment. To determine the five (5) General Prize winners, the Judges will select the most compelling Contest Submission (as determined by the Judges) during each Subperiod. If a Contest Submission is not chosen as a General Prize winner during any given Subperiod, the Contest Submission will automatically roll over to the next Subperiod for another chance to win. The Judges will select one (1) General Prize winner on each of the following dates: (i) Wednesday, November 27, 2013, (ii) Monday, December 30, 2013, (iii) Thursday, January 30, 2014, (iv) Friday, February 14, 2014, and (v) Monday, March 17, 2014. To determine the Grand Prize winner, the Judges will reconvene on Monday, April 7, 2014 and select the most compelling Contest Submission from the five (5) General Prize winners (as determined by the Judges).
9. WINNER(S) VERIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email or by telephone and a duly authorized representative of the Winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release (collectively, the “Winner’s Agreement”) within seventy-two (72) hours of date of issuance. Each Winner understands that Sponsor or its respective agents may advise the United States Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) of the value of the prize awarded to Winner from entrant’s participation in the Contest the form of an IRS Form W-2G, or otherwise. Winner must currently be a legal resident of the United States to be awarded any prize. Winner understands that prior to being entitled to receive any prize, and prior to receiving any prize, Winner will first provide Sponsor with all of Winner’s applicable taxpayer identification information and other required and reasonably requested tax and tax-related documentation (e.g., IRS Form 5754), and that Winner’s failure to provide such information to Sponsor or Administrator will result in Winner’s automatic ineligibility to receive any prize. In the event: (a) such Winner declines the prize in writing, (b) the Winner’s Agreement or tax-related documents are not returned within the time period stated above, (c) prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (d) the Sponsor or Administrator is unable to contact Winner within a reasonable time period, or Winner is not otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, Sponsor may select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately two (2) months after the last day of each Subperiod. Limit one (1) General Prize and one (1) Grand Prize per high school.
10. TAXES AND EXPENSES: Winner is responsible for all applicable taxes (including, but not limited to federal, state, local and/or income), travel related expenses, and other fees and expenses associated with the prize.
11. CONDITION/USE RIGHTS: By accepting any prize, Winner consents to the use of his/her/its name, voice, and likeness, and all accompanying personally identifiable information entrant submits, via all forms of media now known or hereafter devised worldwide, in perpetuity, without notice, attribution or compensation (other than the specific prize described herein) to entrant, his/her/its successors or assigns, or any other party, except where prohibited by law. The right to receive any prize is non-assignable and non-transferable, and no prize substitution, exchange, cash, or cash equivalent will be allowed, in each case, except as permitted by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize in whole or in part with another prize of comparable or greater value if the intended prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
12. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: As a condition of participating in the Contest, entrants and Winner agree to release and hold harmless all directors, officers, volunteers and employees of Sponsor, Suns Legacy Partners, LLC d/b/a Phoenix Suns, the National Basketball Association and its Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., Sports & Entertainment Services, L.L.C. d/b/a US Airways Center, Phoenix Mercury Basketball, LLC d/b/a the Phoenix Mercury, Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership, the City of Phoenix and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, agents, advertising and Contest agencies (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest, or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's or winnner’s participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or travel to any Contest-related events; and (g) any claims based on publicity rights, copyright/trademark infringement, intellectual property rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. Entrant and Winner further agrees to release the Released Parties and their designees and assigns from any liability whatsoever, and to waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, claims, costs, personal injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. CANCELLATION/SUSPENSION: If for any reason the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If Sponsor decides to reconvene the Contest after a suspension, the determination of the prize winner(s) will be made, from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the suspension, as Sponsor determines at its sole discretion.
14. DISQUALIFICATION: Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the exclusive right to disqualify any individual from the Contest that it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process, or the operation of the Contest, to be acting, or be, in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in an unreasonable, non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or interfere in any manner with any aspect or portion of this Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, copied, or like entry methods, shall void all such entries by any such methods, and shall disqualify any entrant using such methods from the current Contest and any future promotions. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of state and/or federal criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to cooperate in the prosecution of any such individual(s) and to pursue all remedies to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants and Winner agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, or the administration of the Contest, or the determination of the Winner(s), shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action lawsuit, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in Maricopa County, Phoenix, Arizona pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but SHALL NOT include attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will an entrant or Winner be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants and Winner hereby waive all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona, excluding Arizona’s conflicts of law doctrine.
16. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by June 1, 2014 to: Phoenix Suns, “CenturyLink Team Assist Contest”, c/o Amber Pensky 201 E. Jefferson St., Phoenix, AZ 85004. For a copy of these Official Rules, please visit www.suns.com/assist.17. MISCELLANEOUS: Unless you indicated on the entry form that you do not wish for your name and personal information to be added, by entering this contest you agree and acknowledge that you may be contacted in the future by the Suns Legacy Partners, L.L.C., National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., Phoenix Arena Development Limited Partnership, Sports and Entertainment Services, LLC, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, members, governors, officers, sponsors, employees and agents, and your name and any other personal information you have provided will automatically be added to the “In The Post” and “Downtown Live” databases, from which you will receive e-mails containing news and Sweepstake information at the e-mail address which you have provided. Additionally, your mobile phone number will be added to the Team’s mobile alerts program, from which you will receive occasional text alerts containing information on Phoenix Suns news and promotions (standard charges from your carrier may apply).
18. SPONSORED BY: CenturyTel Service Group, LLC d/b/a CenturyLink (“Sponsor”).
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.