2014-15 Spurs Silver Dancers
Silver Dancer, Ice Girl and Star Squad appearances are an essential part of Spurs Sports & Entertainment's (San Antonio Spurs, San Antonio Silver Stars, San Antonio Rampage, Silver & Black Give Back - formerly the Spurs Foundation, Austin Toros, and the AT&T Center) community outreach efforts and provide our dancers' the opportunity to positively impact San Antonio and surrounding areas. If you are interested in having a Silver Dancer, Ice Girl or Star Squad dancer make an appearance at your event, please read and submit per the following guidelines.
SAVE THE DATE!
2015-2016 SAN ANTONIO SPURS
SILVER DANCERS AUDITION INFORMATION
Come join us for the 2015-2016 Spurs Silver Dancer Auditions held on July 18, 2015! The Spurs Silver Dancers are a group of remarkable women who uphold a high standard of professionalism and top-quality entertainment on and off the basketball court. They also serve as ambassadors of the San Antonio Spurs organization, spreading our culture throughout the community. You could be the next member of this spectacular team!
SAN ANTONIO AUDITION LOCATION
UIW Fencing Center, Building 6 (3200 McCullough Ave, San Antonio, Texas 78212)
QUALIFICATIONS FOR AUDITIONS
1. No candidate may presently be affiliated with or be a representative of any other semi-professional or professional athletic franchise other than another Spurs Sports & Entertainment team (i.e. Stars Star Squad, Rampage Ice Girls, San Antonio Team Energy and/or Austin Spurs Capital City Dancers)
2. All candidates must be 18 years of age or older by August 1, 2015.
3. Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED.
4. All candidates will be asked to demonstrate dance, cheerleading, performance and speaking skills.
5. Candidates must be willing to devote a LARGE percentage of time to the Silver Dancer program, including team practices, all Spurs home games, community/charitable events and special projects in and around the San Antonio area.
6. Candidates must have reliable transportation and live in/close to the San Antonio area.
7. Candidates must demonstrate good moral character and be drug free.
2015-2016 AUDITION ITINERARY
Austin Audition Option-
There will be an additional/optional one day audition held in Austin on Sunday, July, 12th from 11:00am-5:00pm. Any applicants that advance past this day will automatically make it to Second Round Audition Day 2 in San Antonio. It is required that these applicants attend the First Round Audition Day 1 in San Antonio to learn choreography, but will not be judged that day. Auditions will be held at Balance Dance Studios, 4544 S Lamar Austin, Texas 78745.
First Round Audition Day 1 - July 18, 2015 @ 8:30AM
- The first round will consist of 2 eliminations that will include across-the-floor technique, jazz choreography, and hip hop choreography.
- The first round is closed to all public.
- Audition Day 1 will close at 4:30pm.
Second Round Audition Day 2 - July 19, 2015 @ 9:30AM
- The second round will consist of 1 elimination that will include the jazz and hip hop choreography from the previous day, and a freestyle/ solo audition. The freestyle/ solo audition will consist of 6-8 eight counts of your own freestyle/ and or choreography highlighting your strengths. Music will be provided.
- A maximum of 30 finalists will advance past this day.
- Audition Day 2 will close at 4:45pm.
Finalist Interviews- July 20-July 22
- Each Finalist will be interviewed by representatives of Spurs Sports & Entertainment
- Each interview will last approximately 15 minutes and will be scheduled after audition day 2.
- Business casual attire is required.
- Each finalist will be judged on their impression, presence, maturity, and ability to commit to the schedule and position.
Finalist Training Camp- July 21-23
- Finalists will learn new choreography and review choreography learned from audition day 1.
- Fitness classes and assessments will be conducted.
- Dance technique will be assessed.
- Ability to work with others, work ethic, and attitude will be assessed.
- Finalists will prepare for final audition event.
Final Audition Event- July 26
- The final audition will be held at Arneson Theater on the Riverwalk of San Antonio.
- Finalists have a final opportunity to prove why they should be a part of the 2015-2016 Spurs Silver Dancers, while performing in front of the judges, and the public.
- The 2015-2016 Spurs Silver Dancers will be announced at this event!
Application Deadline – Wednesday, July 15, 2015
- Silver Dancer Application
- Signed waiver/release form (Will be available day of the audition)
- Recent 5 x 7 Head Shot Photograph (Photo will NOT be returned)
- Recent 5 x 7 Full Body Shot Photograph (Photo will NOT be returned)
- Dancer should be wearing audition attire outlined below
- Audition Payment ($20 non-refundable application fee if you apply by the July 15th deadline, $25 non-refundable application fee if you apply after including day of event.)
- Acceptable Forms of Payment: exact cash, money order, check payable to Spurs Sports & Entertainment
- Dance and/or Professional Work Resume (Optional)
Completed application packets with the information above can be mailed to:
San Antonio Spurs Silver Dancers
Attn: Brett Samet, Game Operations Dept.
One AT&T Center
San Antonio, TX 78219
Completed application packets with the information above can be dropped off at the AT&T Center.
Please drop off at the Southeast (SE) Entrance, located off of East Houston Street & AT&T Center Parkway
Please make sure information is in a sealed envelope labeled:
Brett Samet, Game Operations (X5147)
Re: Spurs Silver Dancers
QUESTIONS AND/OR COMMENTS
For any questions and/or comment about Spurs Silver Dancers Audition, please contact Brett Samet at 210.444.5147 (phone) or firstname.lastname@example.org (email). Leave your name/number and a Spurs representative will return your call as soon as possible.
MANDATORY AUDITION ATTIRE
(Participants who do not meet this requirement will not be considered)
1. Top: Sports Bra / Half Top
2. Shorts: Hot Shorts/Hot Pants/Biking Shorts (NO capris, long pants, or skorts allowed)
3. Shoes: Tennis Shoes / Dance Shoes (Minimal tread and non-marking soles)
4. Performance Makeup
Silver Dancers should possess a trim, athletic figure and a fresh clean-cut appearance.
Silver Dancers should be able to grasp dance movements quickly and assimilate them into a precise dance routine within a minimum amount of time. Dancers should possess showmanship, personality, energy, and enthusiasm! Previous dance, tumbling, gymnastics, performance and/or cheerleading training is helpful, but not required.
Attitude & Personality
A Silver Dancer should possess a team-first attitude and always uphold a teamwork atmosphere while on the team. A Silver Dancer's personality should be outgoing, pleasant and warm. The performer should feel at ease in front of large audiences as well as small groups. Since the Silver Dancers will have opportunities to meet and talk with the media, professionals and the general public, it is very important that they are articulate, professional and appear relaxed. They should also be able to act spontaneously while maintaining composure at all times.
The time demanded of a Silver Dancer can be extensive; therefore, the dancers must have a flexible schedule. Each dancer must be prepared to dedicate a large amount of time to the program for rehearsals, performances, public appearances, video shoots, community/charity events and/or special projects. Rehearsals will be scheduled twice a week before, during and possibly after the NBA season, which runs from August to June. Should a game fall on a holiday, Dancers are expected to be present. Public appearances are scheduled throughout the week and are an important part of the Silver Dancer program.
Silver Dancers must convey professionalism at all appearances/performances representing the San Antonio Spurs. Silver Dancers must maintain professional behavior on social media.