Help us determine the five 2012-2013 Team Up Challenge Champions! Twenty teams have already received $2500 to work on their projects. Each of the five champion teams will receive an additional $20,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages students to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
- The project is addressing an outdoor learning environment at the Crossroads Alternative Center to help students stimulate positive learning and to help students be more successful in the classroom.
- The students have worked together as a team to create a cement platform for our learning environment.
- The students have created flower beds for landscaping.
- The students have decorated the cement with core values that signify what we believe our students should possess.
- The $20,000 champion award would be put to use by incorporating a larger outdoor learning environment that could be used for more than one class to cover more core curriculum. The courtyard itself is approximately 450 feet wide.