Help us determine the three 2013 Summer Team Up Challenge Champions! Ten teams have already received $1000 to work on their projects. Each of the three champion teams will receive an additional $10,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Summer Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages kids to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
- The Keystoners of Eastside Boys and Girls Club believe that teens need to be better informed about sex and the many responsibilities of parenting. They also believe that in the case something does happen they should be informed on the different programs they can help them still succeed.
- The project made our teens better educated of themselves of the average cost of teen pregnancy and what affects it may have on their future.
- The project also has made the team better aware of the different assistance program available for young parents and has gotten them in contact with some agency that are looking to get the word out about their services.
- The next step is to plan a summer community outreach program where we can invite kids from the community to attend. With the teen leading the event and with help with trained professionals they will educated their peers about making smart choices and what the consequences may be.
- If awarded the 10,000 champion award The Eastside Keystone Club would use their training to develop a schedule of six outreach events throughout the following school year to invite non-Club teens to learn more about risk reduction. The goal is to promote positive behaviors in teens through peer leadership.