Help us determine the three 2013 Summer Team Up Challenge Champions! Ten teams have already received $1000 to work on their projects. Each of the three champion teams will receive an additional $10,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Summer Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages kids to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
ANY BABY CAN
Fit Kids and Sibs
- Fit Kids and Sibs strives to help educate families and children the importance of living an active and healthy lifestyle. Research indicates that individuals diagnosed with a developmental disability are at a higher risk of obesity and diabetes due to learning barriers.
- Fit Kids and Sibs has accomplished great partnerships with Silver and Black Give Back, YMCA of Greater San Antonio, Microsoft, Alamo FitPlay, IRUN, Fleet Feet, In Harmony with Dogs, and Community Fit to provide advocacy and education.
- Fit Kids and Sibs is providing cost free exercise classes and nutrition education to the San Antonio special needs community.
- Our ultimate goal is to provide support and help raise awareness for fitness programs focused on individuals with unique learning abilities.
- Being a recipient of funding by Silver and Black Give Back would allow Any Body Can’s project, Fit Kids and Sibs, provide cost free resources to the thousands of families in San Antonio that are caring for a child or adolescent with special medical needs.