Help us determine the five 2012-2013 Team Up Challenge Champions! Twenty teams have already received $2500 to work on their projects. Each of the five champion teams will receive an additional $20,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages students to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
- The Costa Rica Team Up project addresses motivation of students to continue to work hard in school and push themselves toward opportunities that will take them places in life. Students are creating books that they will publish and share with other students in order to share their adventure, inspire, and challenge students.
- Students have learned the importance of responsibility through fundraising for over a year to cover the cost of their trip.
- Students have become leaders on campus and work relentlessly to motivate other students to pursue their passions.
- Students have begun the creation of the books that they are writing to share with multiple grade levels in the district.
- We will take a group of deserving 8th graders to Washington D.C. to see how the nation’s capital influences the world we live in. Students will spend 5 days learning about the nation’s capital and continuing the dream of taking learning outside the classroom.