Help us determine the five 2012-2013 Team Up Challenge Champions! Twenty teams have already received $2500 to work on their projects. Each of the five champion teams will receive an additional $20,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages students to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
- Lowell Middle School's Science Club has planned on using a garden to give back to our community. Our mission is to:
- Instill pride in our community- cleaning up and unifying our school and community
- Spreading awareness of green initiatives such as composting, recycling, raising your own vegetables and using water wise plants. Giving free, healthy foods to our neighboring community.
- Educating the community on the effects of eating healthier foods and how eating nutritous foods can reduce health issues. A student led, service project that gives kids an alternative that promotes leadership, team building and hard work
- If we were to win the $20,000 grand prize, our Science Club would want to expand our gardening to have a fruit orchard and a greenhouse to be able to feed more people in the community. We would also like to explore water conservation efforts, implement it in our gardening and share this awareness with our neighborhood.