Help us determine the five 2012-2013 Team Up Challenge Champions! Twenty teams have already received $2500 to work on their projects. Each of the five champion teams will receive an additional $20,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages students to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
- The mission of the Community Service Club of Holmgreen Center, a campus for special needs students, is to offer comfort and joy to ill and traumatized children by making and providing caps for children undergoing chemotherapy, huggable pillows for children that have undergone surgery and blankets for the hospitalized children.
- Over 50 caps completed and delivered; 50 additional caps “under construction”
- Over 60 pillows completed and delivered; 30 additional pillows “under construction”
- 30 blankets completed and delivered; 60 additional blankets “under construction.
- If the Holmgreen Community Service Club wins one of the grand prizes, we will expand our support of San Antonio childrens' hospitals and Project Linus by taking the projects into the community - to our students' home campuses and retirement homes; In addition, we will support the work of hospital Child Life departments, the American Cancer Society, and the Work-Based Learning programs of Holmgreen Center and Northside ISD.