Help us determine the five 2012-2013 Team Up Challenge Champions! Twenty teams have already received $2500 to work on their projects. Each of the five champion teams will receive an additional $20,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages students to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
- The need our project is addressing is a designated area where our first grade students can have daily recess. Our objective is for our students to be able to enhance their learning by creating a plan for their playground area which will beautify the community as well as the school campus.
- Students came up with their own dream playground and sketched out their brilliant ideas. They realized that playgrounds have 2 and 3 dimensional shapes.
- Students learned about recycling when they cleaned and cleared the area where the playground would be.
- Students learned about their community and came up with a plan to work together to get rid of the graffiti in our school. While working on this project students incorporated reading by using sequencing.
- Our HCK team would use the $20,000 champion award to complete the playground project including all materials, labor, equipment, and fencing.