Help us determine the five 2012-2013 Team Up Challenge Champions! Twenty teams have already received $2500 to work on their projects. Each of the five champion teams will receive an additional $20,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages students to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
- The 5th Grade Gervin Coyotes want to help improve the health of our community by providing a healthy alternative option for meals and exercising more. We have built a garden to provide fruits and vegetables to our school, The Newell Retirement Center and the homeless.
- Our biggest accomplishment to date is transforming a bare court yard into a functioning garden and watching our plants grow.
- Our students are able to teach others about the importance of making healthy eating choices and staying fit.
- Being able to share the “fruits” of our labor with others.
- If we win the challenge, we will use the funds to attend field trips that will provide us with real world connections and experiences to further our educational endeavors.