Help us determine the five 2012-2013 Team Up Challenge Champions! Twenty teams have already received $2500 to work on their projects. Each of the five champion teams will receive an additional $20,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages students to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
- We want to encourage our school community to get active and have fun! We planned four Family Fitness Fridays and several Fit Minutes to help students and their families find fun and easy ways of exercising.
- We hosted our Martial Arts night in November, and Mr. Saldivar taught us how to kick, punch, and yell really loud! Our parents and teachers did push-ups, sit-ups, and even broke boards!
- Our community enjoyed a Zumba Night in January, led by Monica and Mario from Studio Vida. Everyone was sweating a lot as we did shakes, turns, and other crazy dance moves. It was fun to try and keep up with Mario!
- We suited up for Boot Camp in February and tried our best to do push-ups, sit-ups, squats, cone-jumps, army-crawls, and ladder drills led by our own drill sergeant teachers. Our final Family Fitness Friday will be a Carson Fun Run and celebration around our school.
- If we win $20,000, we would make fitness a permanent focus for our community by installing fit stations around our playground for students, teachers, and families to use. We would also love to help teachers plan fun lessons for students by using money for technology items and field trips.