Help us determine the five 2012-2013 Team Up Challenge Champions! Twenty teams have already received $2500 to work on their projects. Each of the five champion teams will receive an additional $20,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages students to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
- Burch Intermediate students lack real life experience and the opportunity to investigate outside of their natural surroundings. Our mission is to provide economically disadvantage students the opportunity to get involved and give back to the community in which they live in through a variety of clubs.
- Community Service for at two local nursing homes which included reading, performing, cleaning grounds, and distributing gifts to the residents.
- Toys for Tots by collecting over one hundred seventy-five toys with a U.S. Marine officer here for presentation.
- MLK Youth empowerment which included performances for college faculty, students, and surrounding cities.
- Burch Intermediate will utilize the champion award funds to expand, improve, and create addition clubs that our students are interested in. Various groups would receive new uniforms in various colors to create more elaborate skits and programs to perform within the community.