Help us determine the five 2012-2013 Team Up Challenge Champions! Twenty teams have already received $2500 to work on their projects. Each of the five champion teams will receive an additional $20,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages students to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
- The need we addressed in our community was the lack of school spirit and lack of unity between our school and surrounding community. We needed creative ways to inspire students to come to school, stay in school, and feel like it was important to them.
- We hosted pep rallies every week and hosted a hall decorating contest between the different classes to increase the feeling of school spirit and pride. We also hope to throw a spring “Bulldog” fest in April to continually celebrate our school in a way that is open to our community.
- We hosted a Burbank Beautification Day with several other organizations to make our school a more welcoming and comfortable place for students to learn and to be proud of.
- We hope to host a town hall style meeting and yoga night in March to show our community that we want to welcome their involvement and provide a forum to talk about issues that are important to both school and community.
- With the $20,000 we will continue to make changes to accomplish our spirited goals. At the end of the year, we will organize a festival to celebrate our school and accomplishments, and welcome the community. We also want to dedicate an event center to house community events.