Help us determine the five 2012-2013 Team Up Challenge Champions! Twenty teams have already received $2500 to work on their projects. Each of the five champion teams will receive an additional $20,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages students to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
- The Briscoe Science Club is exploring the Texas Hill Country environment by visiting natural sites and creating indoor environments.
- We have visited the Botanical Gardens to study xeriscape and low water needs plants and have visited Natural Bridge Caverns to study aquifer and cavern environments.
- We have worked with professional landscape architects to design an outdoor classroom and landscape features in our front courtyard. We have also refurbished and put together a 100 gallon aquarium and are studying its environment.
- We are holding a family picnic and day hike at Reimer's Ranch and Hamilton Pool State Parks.
- If selected as Finalists the Science Club will use the funds to continue trips to study area parks and environments. We will also improve our robot and car building competitive teams and with a focus on space exploration and a trip to NASA in Houston.