Help us determine the five 2012-2013 Team Up Challenge Champions! Twenty teams have already received $2500 to work on their projects. Each of the five champion teams will receive an additional $20,000 for their work and contribution to improving our community. The Team Up Challenge is a youth led service-learning initiative that encourages students to apply what they are learning in the classroom to the real world, bringing education alive in powerful ways.
- High school age girls who are not active in athletics sometimes “fall through the cracks” in terms of fitness education—Fierce, Fit and Fabulous exists as a place to develop females at Brackenridge HS to be healthy, fit, confident, fitness-educated role models—for their community, peers and families.
- Our group has met four days a week (Monday through Thursday) every week since October and held two Fabulous Fitness Saturday events for our community; our membership has nearly doubled since the start of our group.
- Our group has prepared for and will run in their first 5K on Saturday, March 23rd (something none of our members thought was possible when our group began!)
- Group members have gained a sense of confidence when it comes to workout choices. The group sessions have moved from Ms. Fleming solely leading workouts to group members making decisions on what activities will be included in workouts and established group members explaining different workouts to new members.
- We would hold more Community Saturday fitness events, register for and travel to different events such as 5K runs and fitness expos, and encourage healthy living for others through creating workouts and workout videos to distribute and possibly start new chapters of Fierce, Fit and Fabulous on campuses around us.