Sixers 2014 NBA Draft Tickets Sweepstakes Rules
Sixers 2014 NBA Draft Tickets Sweepstakes Rules - OFFICIAL RULES
- ELIGIBILITY: The “Sixers Attend the 2014 NBA Draft Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware, 18 years of age and older as of the date of entry, Employees of the following entities, and the immediate family (i.e. spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses) and household members of such employees are not eligible to enter or win this sweepstakes: Philadelphia 76ers, L.P. (“Sponsor”), the National Basketball Association and its member teams and NBA Properties, Inc. and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. In order to claim a prize, a potential winner must provide proof of identity including, if applicable, proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the potentially winning entry. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes will commence on Monday, June 2, 2014 upon posting of the Official Rules on www.sixers.com (the “Official Site”) and end on Monday, June 23, 2014 at 9:00 a. m. Eastern Time (“ET”) (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, follow the directions provided to complete the online entry form at www.sixers.com and submit electronically. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, PER EMAIL ADDRESS, PER DAY during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants must supply a valid email address to participate. If the email address supplied is not valid, the entry will be void. If an entrant uses the same, different or multiple email addresses to obtain more than one (1) entry per day, all such entries will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries generated by any other means which subvert the entry process will be void. ALTERNATE FORM OF ENTRY: Entrants may send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Sixers Attend the 2014 NBA Draft Sweepstakes”, c/o Philadelphia 76ers, 3 Crescent Drive, Suite 300, Philadelphia, PA 19112 and include entrant’s first and last name, date of birth, home address, phone number including area code, email address (if available) and signature. Only eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period will be accepted. All entries will become the property of Sponsor.
- DRAWING: Entries must be received no later than 9:00 a.m. ET on Monday, June 23, 2014, to be eligible for the drawing. One (1) potential winner will be drawn at random on Monday, June 23, 2014, from all eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to delay or cancel the drawing. Potential winner will be notified via email and/or telephone. Potential winner must respond to email or voicemail notification within four (4) hours or he/she will forfeit the prize and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential winner will be drawn at random from all remaining eligible entries. Potential winner will be required to execute and return, prior to and as a condition of receiving the prize, an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release. Potential winners must return such releases within one (1) day of date of issuance. Failure to comply with these Official Rules will make an entrant ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or to win a prize and will cause the prize to be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, awarded to an alternate potential winner. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. If (i) a potential winner does not respond to prize notification within the timeframe stated, (ii) the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (iii) potential winner declines his or her prize, or (iv) potential winner fails to return all required documents within the timeframe stated or (v) potential winner is unable to attend the event on the date specified, it will result in the disqualification of such potential winner and an alternate potential winner may be selected by random drawing at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE(S): One (1) winner will receive four (4) tickets to the NBA Draft taking place on Thursday, June 26, 2014, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY(Total Approximate Retail Value: $160.00). Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Prize is not transferable, and no substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the prize (or components thereof) with one of comparable or greater retail value, at its sole discretion. All costs and expenses not stated herein as being provided in connection with the redemption, receipt and/or use of the prize are the responsibility of winner, including, but not limited to, ground transportation, accommodations and meals, and all federal, state and local taxes. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No extension of event dates will be granted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner (available after June 23, 2014), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Sixers Attend the 2014 NBA Draft Sweepstakes, c/o Philadelphia 76ers, 3 Crescent Drive, Suite 300, Philadelphia, PA 19112, to be received prior to September 30, 2014.
- PUBLICITY: Entrant acknowledges and agrees that as a condition of winning, if legally permissible, Sponsor, the National Basketball Association and its member teams and NBA Properties, Inc. and their respective designees have the right to use his/her name, likeness, photograph, voice, city and state of residence and prize information for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, authorization, remuneration or notification.
- TAXES: All applicable local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner
- DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor, the National Basketball Association and its member teams and NBA Properties, Inc. and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective agents, employees, directors and officers (collectively, “Released Parties”), will have no liability whatsoever for and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property incurred in connection with or resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or participating in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility if the Sweepstakes, or the awarding of a prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, any force majeure event such as hurricane, fire, flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, war, insurrection, and/or terrorist act or threat.
- GOVERNING LAW AND FORUM SELECTION: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (A) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (B) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (C) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of- pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. These Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are governed by and controlled by the laws in and of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Each entrant hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of Pennsylvania with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Sweepstakes including, without limitation, any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, and waives every defense that such jurisdiction is inconvenient or improper.
- DECISIONS: The decisions of Sponsor will be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any and all printing, typographical or mechanical errors.
- SPONSOR: Philadelphia 76ers, L.P., 3 Crescent Drive, Suite 300, Philadelphia, PA 19112.