Sixers open 2010-11 season against Miami - 8/10/2010
Philadelphia, Pa. - Aug. 10, 2010 - The Philadelphia 76ers will tip-off the 2010-11 regular season on Wednesday, October 27 at the Wells Fargo Center against the Miami Heat, making their only appearance in Philadelphia this season.
Fans can guarantee their seats at the home opener to see LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh and the Miami Heat make their only appearance in Philadelphia this season via a Sixers 10-Game Plan, which are on sale now at SIXERS.COM or by calling 215-339-7676. Packages include games against the Heat, Celtics and Lakers, with packages starting as low as $99.
The 2010-11 season schedule features several fan- and family-friendly dates, including 13 Friday night home dates, three Saturday home dates with 7:30pm start times, a special 2:00pm start time on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday, January 17) against the Charlotte Bobcats and four Sunday home games:
- December 12 at 12:00pm vs. New Orleans
- January 30 at 6:00pm vs. Denver
- March 6 at 6:00pm vs. Golden State
- March 27 at 12:00pm vs. Sacramento
The team’s longest home stand of the season will span four games over nine days, beginning Saturday December 4 with a 7:30pm game vs. Charlotte and ending on December 12 vs. New Orleans.
The Sixers will play 21 sets of back-to-back games in 2010-11, including six sets before the end of November. The team will also have completed half their road schedule (20 games) by January 3, 2011.
Additionally, the Sixers have two five-game road trips this season, the first of which is from December 26 through January 3, when they make way for the winter Disney on Ice presents Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 3 show at the Wells Fargo Center. The second trip has the Sixers playing five games in eight days, beginning Saturday, March 12 at Milwaukee and concluding Saturday, March 19 at Portland.
Additionally, the Sixers will also face four Eastern Conference opponents from outside the Atlantic Division only three-times: Miami (1 home, 2 road), Chicago (1 home, 2 road), Detroit (2 home, 1 road) and Charlotte (2 home, 1 road).
Among the highlights from the Sixers 2010-11 home schedule:
- Lower Merion alum Kobe Bryant and the World Champion Los Angeles Lakers make their only appearance in Philadelphia on Friday, December 17 at 7:00pm.
- Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder come to Philadelphia for the only time on Wednesday, March 9 at 7:00pm.
- Shaquille O’Neal, Kevin Garnett and the defending Eastern Conference champion Boston Celtics will appear in Philadelphia on Thursday, December 9 at 8:00pm and again on Friday, March 11 at 7:00pm.
- The new-look Chicago Bulls featuring Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer make their lone appearance at the Wells Fargo Center on Friday, January 7 at 7:00pm.
- The Orlando Magic – featuring Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter – make two appearances at the Wells Fargo Center on Wednesday, February 9 at 7:00pm and on Monday, April 11 at 7:00pm.
Information regarding the Sixers on-sale date for individual tickets, as well as the team’s complete television and radio schedule for the 2010-11 season, will be released at a future date.