Sixers to unveil new in-game elements during home opener - 1/5/2012
PHILADELPHIA, PA – JANUARY 5, 2011 – The Philadelphia 76ers tip off their 2011-12 home season against the Detroit Pistons at the Wells Fargo Center at 7:00 p.m., and will unveil for the first time, many of their new in-game elements which include a new anthem performance, new team introductions and enhanced video elements. All fans in attendance will receive a magnetic schedule, courtesy of Toyota, and commemorative rally towel courtesy of Toyota, LukOil, Wells Fargo, Cure Auto Insurance, and ACE Public Adjusters. The Sixers will also host their first Dietz & Watson $1 Hot Dog Night.
Tickets for this and all Sixers home games can be purchased online at SIXERS.COM, by phone at 215-339-7676 or at the Wells Fargo Center box office.
Joining the new Sixers Ownership for opening night festivities include Sixers alumni Julius “Dr. J” Erving, Moses Malone, Bobby Jones and Earl Cureton. The four members of the 1982-83 Championship team will be honored on court, along with 76ers Ambassador of Basketball World B. Free, immediately before tip-off.
“Sixers Legends Videos” of Erving, Malone and Jones will also be shown during the home opener. This video series, showing highlights from the careers of past Sixers greats, will be featured throughout the season and will feature other Sixers legends such as Wilt Chamberlain, Charles Barkley and current Head Coach Doug Collins, among many others.
New in-game elements unveiled during the home opener include:
- Anthem singer and American Idol finalist Ayla Brown opening the game with the “Star Spangled Banner,” accompanied by an instrumental recording from the Philadelphia Orchestra. Brown will also perform at halftime.
- New theatrical style lighting design for entertainment portions including the player introductions and Dream Team performances, created by Tony award-winning duo Jules Fisher and Peggy Eisenhauer of Third Eye.
- Opening and half-time videos produced and designed by Iron Claw, a production company whose portfolio includes projects for NBC Sports, Nike, DirecTV, Coca-Cola and Burger King.
- Several performances by the Sixers Dream Team (dancers) and Flight Squad (dunkers) in brand-new uniforms.
- Life-long Philadelphian and veteran broadcaster Tom Lamaine taking over the courtside microphone as the team’s Public Address Announcer.
The Sixers are also offering fan-friendly prices in January. All upper-level seats are $17.76 or less, and all ticket fees for those seats are waived if purchased online at SIXERS.COM.
Friday’s game is the team’s first home back-to-back game, completed the following night at the Wells Fargo Center against the Toronto Raptors at 8:00 p.m. This is also the team’s first SuperPretzel $1 Pretzel Night. In addition, Moses Malone, Bobby Jones, Earl Cureton and World B. Free will also attend and be introduced at center court pregame.
The team then plays a second consecutive back-to-back set of games on Monday, January 9 against the Indiana Pacers at 7:00 p.m. and Tuesday, January 10 against the Sacramento Kings at 7:00 p.m.