FANS TAKE PHOTOS OF THEMSELVES AT ICONIC PHILADELPHIA LANDMARKS
AND UPLOAD THEM TO INSTAGRAM OR ONLINE AT SIXERS.COM TO WIN TICKETS, HOTEL PRIZES
PHILADELPHIA, PA. – FEBRUARY 1, 2013 – Do you “xoxo” the Philadelphia 76ers?
The Sixers and Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) will launch a photo contest on Friday, February 1 inviting fans to take photos at Philadelphia hotspots to win tickets to Sixers home games and hotel packages.
“Sixers fans’ enthusiasm is contagious,” says Meryl Levitz, president and CEO of GPTMC. “By taking photos at iconic Philly spots and sharing them with their friends on Instagram, they’re adding to the incredible buzz this city has been getting this season.”
To enter, fans must visit their favorite Philadelphia attractions sporting their Sixers gear, take a photo of themselves with their mobile phone or camera, and submit the photo via Instagram by tagging it with “#xoxo76ers” or online at SIXERS.COM/xoxo76ers. There are no limits to the number of entries fans can submit.
The full list of prizes for the contest is below:
• Two tickets to the Philadelphia 76ers vs. Golden State Warriors game on Saturday, March 2
• Hyatt at Penn's Landing Package: Includes a one-night, weekend stay and breakfast for two at Keating's River Grill
• Two tickets to the Philadelphia 76ers vs. Indiana Pacers game on Saturday, March 16
• Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown Package: Includes an overnight stay in an Executive King Suite and breakfast for two
• Two tickets to the Philadelphia 76ers vs. Charlotte Bobcats game on Saturday, March 30
• Loews Philadelphia Hotel Package: Includes an overnight stay in accommodations, including overnight parking and breakfast for two in Solefood restaurant
• Two tickets to the Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers game on Sunday, April 14
• Hotel Monaco Package: Includes a two-night stay in a corner, one bedroom suite and dinner for two at Red Owl Tavern (alcohol and gratuity excluded)
ABOUT THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA TOURISM MARKETING CORPORATION (GPTMC)
The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) makes Philadelphia and The Countryside® a premier destination through marketing and image building that increases business and promotes the region’s vitality.
For more information about travel to Philadelphia, visit visitphilly.com or uwishunu.com, where you can build itineraries; search event calendars; see photos and videos; view interactive maps; sign up for newsletters; listen to HearPhilly, an online radio station about what to see and do in the region; book hotel reservations and more. Or, call the Independence Visitor Center, located in Historic Philadelphia, at (800) 537-7676.
Note to Editors: For high-resolution photos of Greater Philadelphia, visit the photo gallery of visitphilly.com/pressroom.