#SixersDraft: Today's The Day
After months of waiting, of watching countless highlight videos on YouTube, of reading mock drafts hosted on websites you didn’t even know existed, draft day is finally here.
With the Sixers in possession of a league-high seven draft picks, including two in the top 10 (#3 and #10), the excitement surrounding tonight's draft is palpable. Here’s what you need to know:
• Draft coverage begins at 7pm (EST) on ESPN, with the Cavaliers going on the clock for the first pick at roughly 7:30pm; 97.5 The Fanatic FM will also host a live draft show.
• You can follow along by following us on Twitter and Instagram and liking us on Facebook. We'll be providing a behind-the-scenes look at the action from Brooklyn and keeping you up to date as the picks roll in. Make sure to use the hashtag #SixersDraft!
• For the second straight year, the draft will be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where thousands of fans will pack the stands to see what their favorite team will do.
• If you’re looking for a place where you can watch the draft amongst fellow Sixers fans, come out to one of the 76 Coors Light draft parties taking place across the region, where fans can win prizes, including hats, t-shirts, and tickets!
• The Sixers hold the #3 and #10 picks in the first round as well as five picks in the second round – #32, #39, #47, #52, and #54.
• In the Sixers’ 51-year history, they have selected third just twice. In 1988, they drafted Charles Smith third overall, later trading his rights to the Los Angeles Lakers, and in 1995, they selected Jerry Stackhouse with the third-overall pick.
• This marks the first time that the team has been awarded the 10th-overall pick in the draft.
• Philadelphia’s five second-round picks are the most in this year’s draft; this year, the four other Atlantic Division teams combined have four second-rounders.