10-Day Tracker: Chasson Randle
• 6’2” tall
• 185 pounds
• 23 years old
• Point guard / shooting guard
• 16-17 Westchester Knicks (NBADL):
19 gp / 32.0 mpg / 20.7 ppg / 42.2 fg% / 49 3fgm / 40.2 3fg% / 82.5 ft% / 3.6 rpg / 3.4 apg
• A native of Rock Island, Illinois, Randle enjoyed a noteworthy career at his hometown high school, earning Illinois Gatorade Player of the Year and Illinois Mr. Basketball honors in 2011 following his senior season.
• Randle put together a strong four-year run at Stanford from 2011 through 2015. For his career, he averaged 16.5 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game, while shooting 46.2 percent from the field and 38.6 percent from beyond the arc. Randle drilled 304 3-pointers as a member of the Cardinal, and was tabbed All-Pac 12 First-Team each of his final two seasons.
• Last year, Randle spent his first professional season abroad in the Czech Republic. He performed well in 66 games, generating 12.8 points, and sinking 133 3-pointers.
• Randle’s resume does boast some American professional experience. He was assigned to Golden State’s summer league roster in 2015, and then this past year, played for New York’s entry in Las Vegas. Randle landed a spot on the Knicks’ pre-season roster this fall as well, appearing in three contests.
• Randle was named the NBA Development League Performer of the Week on December 19th, after erupting for 38 and 36 points in consecutive games.
• At the time his signing with the Sixers became official Tuesday, Randle ranked 10th among all NBDL players in both scoring (20.8 ppg) and 3-pointers (49).
• First and foremost, Randle will bring depth to the Sixers’ backcourt, an area that has been thinned by injuries lately. December saw Jerryd Bayless go down for the season with ligament damage in his left wrist, and Sergio Rodriguez was recently sidelined with a left ankle sprain.
• Randle boasts a versatile skill set, too. He logged point guard minutes with the Westchester Knicks, but also possesses a perimeter touch that might allow him to play shooting guard.