• With the win tonight the HEAT takes a 3-0 lead in the season series vs. the Sixers. Miami has won 14 straight over Philly. The HEAT has won its past 20 games, which is tied for the third-longest streak in NBA history. The Sixers have lost 13 of their past 15 games.
• Philly lost despite outshooting Miami 47.1% to 46.7%. The Sixers fall to 22-7 when outshooting the opposition this season. Philly has shot 45.0% or better in each of the past four games (48.5% FGs) after doing so once the 13 games prior (41.6% FGs).
• Miami shot 23-of-27 from the line while Philly shot 7-of-12. In the three meetings this season, the HEAT has MADE 48 free throws while the Sixers have ATTEMPTED 33 (11.0 per). Opponents have recorded more FTM than Philly has FTA in 36 of the 64 games this season. The Sixers have recorded 12 or fewer FTA in three of the past four games.
The Sixers had 29 assists while the HEAT had 25. Philly has recorded 25+ assists in 16 of the past 27 games (24.3 apg) after doing so eight times the first 37 games of the season (21.5 apg). Sixer opponents have recorded 25+ assists in five of the past six games, averaging 27.7 apg over that span. Philly is 5-16 when the opposition has 25+ assists this season.
• Thaddeus Young had a team-high 24 points with a game-high 15 rebounds. It is his third straight double-double and his 18th of the season after recording just one in 2011-12. Young has tallied 20+ points and 14+ boards in the same game four times this season, the most by a Sixer in a single season since Chris Webber did so seven times in 2005-06. Over the past six games, Young is averaging 21.0 points on 64.1% shooting after averaging 11.2 ppg on 39.7% shooting the five games prior. He had 16 points in the third quarter tonight, which is the most in any quarter by a Sixer this season.
• LeBron James had game-highs of 27 points and 8 assists along with 7 rebounds tonight and is averaging 22.7 points, 9.0 rebounds and 8.0 assists in three games vs. Philly this season.
• Jrue Holiday had 21 points on 9-of-18 shooting tonight after averaging 12.5 ppg on 28.9% shooting the six games prior. He has scored 20+ points 24 times this season after doing so 10 times in 2011-12.
• Philly had 10 steals tonight and has recorded 10+ steals in three of the past six games after not doing so since 1/5 at San Antonio. The Sixers are averaging 9.13 spg over the past eight games, up from a season average of 7.31
• Miami shot 5-of-20 from 3-point range. Over the past two games, Sixers opponents are averaging 5.5 3FGM on 28.2% shooting after averaging 9.7 3FGM on 43.9% shooting the six games prior.