• With the win tonight, the Grizzlies split the season series vs. the Sixers and have won five of the past seven meetings over Philly. Since losing three straight from 1/12-1/16, Memphis has won five of its past seven. The Sixers haven’t won consecutive games since a season-high tying three game span from 11/25-11/30.
• The Sixers have given up 100+ points in five of the past seven games and are 4-14 when allowing 100+ points this season. Memphis improves to 14-0 when hitting the century mark and has done so in three of the past four games.
• Memphis barely outshot Philly 54.8% to 54.2%. The Sixers are 0-10 when opponents shoot 50.0% or better this season and have lost 23 consecutive games when that occurs dating back to 2010-11. It is Philly’s first loss when shooting 50.0% or better (6-1 mark). Over the past nine games, the Sixers are shooting 47.7% from the floor after shooting 42.7% the six games prior.
• The Grizzlies outrebounded Philly 38-27. That’s the Sixers lowest rebound total of the season (formerly 31). Philly is 1-8 when being outrebounded by 10+ boards this season. The Sixers have been outrebounded in 11 of the past 13 games and by 6.4 rpg overall during that span.
• Memphis had three players score 20+ points tonight. It is the first time this season that the Sixers have allowed more than two opposing players to score 20+ points.
• The Sixers lost despite leading by as many as 17 points. Philly is 15-2 in games in which it led by double-digits this season. The game was tied after three quarters of play. The Sixers fall to 2-26 when tied or trailing at the start of the fourth quarter.
Evan Turner had a season-high 27 points, marking his third straight 20-point effort. It is the first time in his career that Turner has scored 20+ points in three consecutive games. Over the past four games, he is averaging 22.0 points on 16.5 field goal attempts per game after averaging 10.7 ppg on 11.4 FGA the 15 games prior. The Sixers fall to 7-4 when he scores 20+ points this season.
• Jrue Holiday had 18 points and a game-high 10 assists for his 12th double-double of the season. He had just one double-double in 2011-12. Over the past seven games, Holiday is averaging 24.1 points (50.0% FGs), 10.0 assists, 4.1 rebounds and 2.43 steals.
• Thaddeus Young had 23 points tonight after not scoring above 14 points the three games prior (11.7 ppg). He has scored 20+ points seven times this season after doing so seven times in 2011-12.
• Zach Randolph had a season-low 4 points tonight but grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds.