Nightly Notables: Bobcats 76 Sixers 87
• With the win tonight, the Sixers take a 2-0 lead in the season series over the Bobcats and have won five straight over Charlotte. Philly has won five of its past seven games after going 7-19 the 26 games prior. Charlotte has lost seven straight.
• Charlotte scored 76 points tonight. It is the fifth straight game that Philly has held the opposition below 90 points, its longest streak doing so since a five-game span from 3/6-3/23/12. Over the past nine games, Sixers opponents are averaging 86.8 ppg after averaging 104.1 ppg the seven games prior. Philly is 11-2 when holding opponents below 90 points this season.
• The Sixers won despite scoring 87 points. Philly has scored below 90 points in each of the past four games but is 3-1 over that span. The Sixers are 6-18 when scoring below 90 this season after going 2-18 in 2011-12. Over the past five games, Philly is averaging 83.0 ppg.
• The Bobcats shot a Sixers opponents season-low 30.7% from the floor. It is the lowest FG% by a Sixer opponent since New Orleans shot 30.4% on 12/12/10. Philly has held the opposition below 40.0% shooting in each of the past four games, which is their longest streak since a four-game span from 1/6-1/10/12.
• Lavoy Allen had a season-high tying 14 points with a career-high 22 rebounds for second double-double of his career. His other double-double came earlier this season at Charlotte on 11/30. The last time a Sixer had 14+ points and 22+ boards in the same game was when Samuel Dalembert had 15 points and 23 rebounds at Golden State on 3/20/09. Dalembert was also the last Sixer w/20+ boards (21 vs. NY on 1/13/10).
• Jeremy Pargo signed a 10-day contract with Philly on 2/7 and made his Sixers debut tonight. He had 12 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists in 29 minutes off the bench. Pargo’s last double-digit scoring effort came with Cleveland vs. Detroit on 12/8/12.
• Evan Turner had 16 points and 10 rebounds for his 10th double-double of the season after he recorded seven double-doubles his first two seasons combined. He averaged just 5.0 ppg on 25.7% shooting over the previous four games.
• Jrue Holiday had a game-high tying 20 points, marking his third 20-point effort over the past five games. He has scored 20+ points 19 times this season after doing so 10 times in 2011-12. The Sixers are 11-8 when he scores 20+ points this season.
• Philly shot 7-of-10 from the line while Charlotte shot 20-of-23. The Sixers have attempted more than 10 free throws just once over the past six games (10.0 FTA per). Over the past 28 games, Philly is averaging 14.0 FTA while opponents are averaging 22.8 FTA (17.7 FTM).