Game Notes: Pistons @ Sixers
- With the loss tonight, the Sixers have dropped two straight after winning three in a row prior. Dating back to last season, Philly has lost seven of its past eight at home. Detroit won its first game the season tonight. The 0-8 start was the worst in Pistons franchise history.
- The Sixers scored a season-low 76 points and are averaging 88.0 ppg this season. Philly was second in the league with 102.7 ppg in the preseason. The Sixers are 0-2 when scoring below 80 points this season after going 1-11 in 2011-12. Detroit did not allow fewer than 92 points in any of its eight games prior to tonight with opponents averaging 101.5 ppg overall.
- Philly shot 29.8% from the floor tonight. That’s the lowest FG% by the Sixers or their opponent in the building’s history. Philly’s previous low at this arena was 30.1% against Detroit on 2/23/04. The last time the Sixers shot below 30.0% was when they shot 27.0% at Boston on 3/28/04. Philly is 1-2 when shooting below 40.0% this season after going 2-12 in 2011-12.
- The Sixers lost despite having just 4 turnovers. Philly did not have fewer than 13 turnovers in any of the first seven games and was averaging 15.4 tpg entering tonight. The last time the Sixers had 4 turnovers was vs. the L.A. Lakers on 2/6/12.
- Detroit outscored Philly 42-28 in points in the paint. Milwaukee outscored the Sixers 42-24 in PIP on Monday. In the five games prior, Philly outscored opponents in points in the paint by an average of 38.0 to 29.6. The Sixers entered tonight allowing a league-low 34.0 PIP.
- Lavoy Allen led the Sixers with 14 points on 6-of-10 shooting off the bench. He went scoreless on 0-of-7 shooting the previous two games combined. Allen has scored 10+ points twice this season after doing so four times as a rookie in 2011-12.
- Greg Monroe tallied game-highs of 19 points and 18 rebounds while adding 6 assists. The last Piston to have at least 19 points, 18 boards and 6 assists in a single game was Grant Hill with 35 points, 18 rebounds and 6 assists at Dallas on 4/1/97.
- Monroe has five double-doubles this season. Jrue Holiday had 7 assists with just one turnover tonight. He committed at least 3 turnovers in each of the first seven games of the season, including 7 or more in each of the past four. Holiday was averaging a league-high 6.0 tpg entering tonight. He was also third in the NBA in assists heading into tonight and is now averaging 8.8 apg.
- Philly was outrebounded 57-38 tonight after being outrebounded 48-31 by Milwaukee on Monday. In the five games prior, the Sixers outrebounded opponents by 5.2 rpg.