Game Notes: Nets @ Sixers
• With the loss tonight, the Sixers have dropped four straight after splitting their previous six games. The Nets improve to 6-1 since P.J. Carlesimo took over as Interim Head Coach. Brooklyn improves to 2-0 over Philly this season and has won four of the past six meetings after losing eight straight to the Sixers from 11/6/09-4/1/11. Brooklyn is now 13-0 in games against teams with a sub .500 record at the time of the game this season.
• Brooklyn scored 109 points tonight and is averaging 102.9 ppg in the seven games under Interim Head Coach P.J. Carlesimo, up from 94.5 ppg under former Head Coach Avery Johnson. Tonight snapped the Nets 24-game streak of scoring below 100 against the Sixers. • That was tied for the longest streak of its type by any NBA team against another. Brooklyn currently has a 24-game streak of scoring below 100 points vs. San Antonio.
• The Nets improve to 10-2 when scoring 100+ points this season while Philly is 2-11 when giving up 100+ points. Over the past five games, the Sixers are allowing 104.2 ppg after giving up 89.8 ppg the five games prior.
• The Sixers had 89 points tonight and have scored below 90 in six of the past seven games (89.4 ppg) after averaging 98.5 ppg the six games prior.
• Philly outrebounded Reggie Evans 32-23 tonight but was outrebounded by 18 boards overall by the Nets. The Sixers have been outrebounded in each of the past five games and by 7.2 rpg during that span after outrebounding the opposition in four of the five games prior (+2.4 rpg). The 23 rebounds was a career-high for Evans. His previous career-high of 22 boards came for Toronto against Philly on 11/24/10.
• Brooklyn hit 10 3-pointers on 41.7% shooting. Over the past three games, Sixers opponents are averaging 9.3 3FGM on 42.4% shooting after averaging 5.2 3FGM on 28.9% shooting the five games prior. In Philly’s 21 losses, the opposition is averaging 8.0 3FGM on 40.8% shooting compared to 5.7 3FGM on 30.4% shooting in the Sixers 15 wins.
• Jrue Holiday had a team-high 19 points with a game-high 8 assists in just 30 minutes of play. Over the past nine games, he is averaging 19.3 points, 9.1 assists and 5.0 rebounds and has not recorded fewer than 8 assists. That’s the longest streak of having 8+ assists by a Sixer since Dana Barro’s 9-game span from 11/7-11/25/94.
• The Nets shot 19-of-22 from the line while the Sixers shot 6-of-10. Brooklyn was 21-of-30 from the line vs. Philly on 12/23 while the Sixers shot 8-of-10. Over the past 15 games, opponents are averaging 19.2 free throws MADE (24.5 FTA per) while the Sixers are averaging just 14.7 free throw ATTEMPTS (10.1 FTM per).