The Sixers "Heroes Among Us" program awards people in the greater Philadelphia-area who have made exceptional and overwhelming contributions to better the lives of children in the community.
Each recipient of the award will receive half of the proceeds from the Sixers Strong 50/50 Raffle to donate to the charity of their choice (recognizable 501 (c) 3), which will also take place at every home game.
This award is given in the spirit of Alexandra “Alex” Scott, who founded Alex’s Lemonade Stand to raise funds and awareness to end childhood cancer.
Heroes Among Us Eligibility Criteria:
- Must live in the Delaware Valley area (Philadelphia and surrounding counties, South Jersey, and Delaware).
- Nominee’s efforts and achievements must have a direct or indirect impact in the lives of children.
- Must submit the required information regarding the organization to which he or she would like the funds to be awarded.
Organization Eligibility Criteria:
- 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with solid local operations, highly regarded organizational and board leadership, and in good financial standing.
- Headquartered and providing services within the Delaware Valley area. A local chapter of a national organization headquartered within such counties will also be eligible.
- Be representative of the cause for which the Heroes Among Us recipient was nominated (but not necessarily an employee of the organization).
- Have a track record of quality service delivery and demonstrated results.
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and long term sustainability of programs.
- Be willing to enter into a contract with the Sixers Strong Foundation agreeing that (i) the organization will use the awarded funds as mutually agreed upon, (ii) the Sixers Strong Foundation will have the right to verify that the awarded funds were so used, (iii) the organization will return any part of the awarded funds that were not so used within 12 months after the initial disbursement of the awarded funds.
If you would like to nominate yourself or a friend to receive the Sixers "Heroes Among Us" award, fill out the form below: