HOUSTON ROCKETS THREE POINT PLAY CONTEST
PRESENTED BY SOUTHWEST AIRLINES
1. ENTRIES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. To participate in the Houston Rockets Three Point Play Contest, entrants must completely fill out the official entry form on the Houston Rockets website (www.rockets.com). Entries must include name, city and state of residence, age, e-mail address, and answers to all three contest questions. The contest period will begin at 12:00 PM Central time on December 11, 2002 and will conclude on April 16, 2003 at 7:00 PM Central time (December 11, 2002 April 16, 2003 is referred to herein as the Contest Period.) During the Contest Period sixty-two (62) separate contests will take place (the Contests), one corresponding to each Rockets game throughout the duration of the Contest Period. Entries for each Contest must be received prior to tip-off of the respective game. All entries received after tip-off of a particular game automatically will be entered in the Contest relating to the next Rockets game. LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER CONTEST. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. SELECTION OF WINNER. One (1) winner will be selected for each of the Contests. Entrants must submit answers to the following three questions about the upcoming Rockets game: (1) Who will lead the Rockets in points scored? (2) How many points will the Rockets leading point scorer have? (3) What will be the final score of the game? Winners will be determined by the entrant who correctly answers the most questions. Entrants correctly answering the first question will move on to the second round, corresponding with the second question. (If no one correctly answers the first question, the winner will be selected by a random drawing among all eligible entries for the Contest. If more than one person answers the first question correctly, but no entrant correctly answers the second question, the will be the second round entrant who is closest to guessing the number of points the Rockets leading scorer had (determined by the differentials between the actual and guessed score)). Entrants correctly answering the second question will move on to the tie-breaking third round, corresponding with the third question. The Contest winner will then be the third round entrant who is the closest to guessing the final score of the game (determined by the point differentials between the actual and guessed score). The Contest winner will be entered automatically in a drawing for the Grand Prize at the end of the Contest Period. If there is a tie, each of the tying Contest winners will be entered in the Grand Prize drawing. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random Grand Prize drawing which will be conducted by the Houston Rockets on or before April 18, 2003.
3. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS; ODDS OF WINNING. In the event that an entrant in a particular Contest accurately predicts the answers to all three questions in such Contest, such entrant will automatically win two (2) Southwest Airlines vouchers each redeemable for one round-trip anywhere Southwest Airlines flies within the continental United States and be entered in the Grand Prize drawing (Approximate retail value: $700.00). One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive two (2) Southwest Airlines vouchers redeemable for anywhere Southwest Airlines flies within the continental United States. (Approximate retail value: $700). The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winners may not assign, transfer, or substitute prizes. Winners will be responsible for federal, state and local taxes associated with the prize package. No substitution or transfer of any prize to a third party is permitted. The Houston Rockets, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash value. Winners will be notified by e-mail within three (3) days of the Contest or the drawing, as applicable. Winners must respond after two attempts by the Houston Rockets or such winner will forfeit any rights to his or her prize and another winner will be selected by random drawing.
4. ELIGIBILITY. The Rockets Three Point Play is open to legal United States residents at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry, except employees and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children) of Southwest Airlines, the Houston Rockets, the National Basketball Association and its Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees, and agents. Contest is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
5. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. Southwest Airlines or the Houston Rockets are not responsible for entries that are incomplete, illegible, stolen, misdirected, lost, late, or damaged. All entries become the property of the Houston Rockets and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, each entrant agrees to HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY Southwest Airlines, the Houston Rockets, the National Basketball Association and its Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, owners, employees and agents from any and all liability, damages, or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of (a) entrants participation in this promotion, and (b) the receipt and/or use of any prize awarded herein.
6. CONSENT TO USE. Each winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of winners name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions, and other publicity conducted by the Houston Rockets, and/or the National Basketball Association and its Teams, NBA Properties, Inc.., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, owners, employees, and agents.
7. WINNERS LIST. For the name of each Contest winner as well as the Grand Prize winner, visit www.rockets.com.
8. CONTEST RULES. All decisions as to contest rules and interpretations are exclusively within the sole discretion of the Houston Rockets and the National Basketball Association, and may be changed from time to time without notice. The Houston Rockets reserve the right to cancel or modify the Houston Rockets Three Point Play Contest at any time without notice.
9. DISPUTES. Entrants agree that any dispute or cause of action arising out of or connected with the Houston Rockets Three Point Play Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, which will be conducted in Houston, Texas in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association.
10. FORCE MAJEURE. The Houston Rockets shall not be responsible for the failure or interruption of www.rockets.com or the Houston Rockets e-mail server, or the cancellation or postponement of a Houston Rockets game for any reason including, but not limited to, equipment failure or malfunction, electrical service interruption, or act of God.