2006 Raptors Dance Pak Auditions
2006 Raptors Dance Pak Auditions
Thank you for your interest in auditioning for the Raptors Dance Pak, one of the hottest dance teams in the NBA! The audition dates for the 2006-2007 season are:
- First round auditions Saturday June 17th 2006, Fairmont Royal York Hotel - Convention Level, 2:30pm-4:30pm. Selected dancers will advance to the 2nd round from 4:30-5:30pm
- Finalist interviews Sunday June 18th, Air Canada Centre between 9:30am-1:30pm (20 minutes per dancer).
- Final round auditions are Sunday June 18th 2006, Bally’s Total Fitness, Toronto Eaton’s Centre from 2:30-4:00pm.
- Team Orientation Meeting, Tuesday June 20th 7:00-10:00pm.
** You must be available for all phases of the audition process from June 17-20 **
The audition is open to all dancers!
Now's your chance to join one of the hottest dance teams pro sports! (Ron Turenne/NBAE/Getty Images)size>
- Female Dancers who are 18 years of age or older by September 1st 2006
- Must have previous dance training and experience in jazz and hip-hop. Tumbling skills a bonus!
- Must be available for all phases of the audition process and be prepared to stay as long as necessary
- Must provide non-returnable headshot (5"x7" or larger preferred) and current dance resume
- Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to commit to the Raptors Dance Pak’s schedule, which includes but is not limited to attendance at all rehearsals (one-three nights per week from August-April), all designated home games (approx. 45 games), rehearsals and costume fittings in July, community and charitable events, and event appearances.
- Black Dance or athletic half-top
- Black Dance shorts or fitted dance pants
- Dance sneakers or tennis shoes with non-marking soles
- Performance ready hair and make-up
What we’re looking for...
- Showmanship, personality, energy, and enthusiasm!
- Professionalism and maturity
- Dance technique and style
- Ability and desire to commit to the job
- Physical fitness and personal appearance
Recommended dance workshop to help you prepare for the audition
- Raptors Dance Pak Workshop, June 10-11 2006 at Kicks Dance Studio, Markham Ontario. Please go to Workshop info to register or call 416.815.5491
The audition process is closed to the public and no family or friends will be permitted to view the audition. The first round will last up to 30 minutes per group, and typically consists of 3 cuts: across the floor combination, technique, and performance routine. All choreography will be taught at the audition, you will not have to prepare a routine. Participants will be judged on appearance, dance ability, style, energy, and projection. Dancers are sent into the audition area in groups of 30. Auditions are based on ‘first come, first up’. Registration is done on the day of the audition. Selected dancers will advance to the 2nd round from 4:30-5:30pm (on Sat. June 17th).
Finalists will advance to the interview round on Sunday June 18th at Air Canada Centre. The final round of the audition will be held in the afternoon on Sun. June 18th following the interview (please bring proper audition attire to change into after the interview) held at Bally’s Total Fitness, Toronto Eaton’s Centre. Each dancer will have an opportunity to perform the routine one last time for a panel of judges. The team will be announced at the end of this event.
Locations: (Please check back often to see if there are any location changes!)
- The audition on Sat. June 17th will be held from 2:30-4:30 (with 2nd round from 4:30-5:30pm) at Fairmont Royal York Hotel - Convention Level
- Interviews on Sun. June 18th will be held between 9:30am-1:30pm (20 minutes per dancer) at the Air Canada Centre.
- Final auditions on Sun. June 18th will be held from 2:30-4:00pm at Bally’s Total Fitness, 250 Yonge St. (Toronto Eaton’s Centre) on the 5th floor.
All necessary audition information is posted above. Any questions you may have related to being on the team (i.e. rehearsal schedules etc.) will be answered at the dance teams’ orientation meeting (for final team members) after the auditions.
RAPTORS MINI DANCE PAK AUDITIONS
The Mini Dance Pak always brings the fans out of their seats. (R. Turenne/NBAE/Getty)size>
Please Note: Audition registration will begin at 10:15am. Please do not arrive before 10:15am.
Registration is done on the day of the audition. The audition is based on “first come, first up”. Dancers will learn a jazz and hip hop combination in groups of 20. Each group will perform the routine several times. The panel of judges are looking for high energy and enthusiasm, the ability to pick up choreography quickly, technique, style, and projection. A maximum of 25 dancers will be selected for the team.
- Mini Dance Pak applicants must be between the ages of 7 and 12, and must be the required age by September 1st 2006
- Dancers must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to sign the audition waiver.
- Mini Dance Pak auditions are open to both males and females
- Dancers should have a minimum of 3 years dance experience in jazz and hip hop. Tumbling is a bonus!
- Mini applicants do not have to prepare a routine and do not have to provide a headshot or resume.
- Mini applicants should wear comfortable dance wear and dance sneakers or tennis shoes with non-marking soles.
- Girls – performance ready hair
Recommended dance workshop to help you prepare for the audition Raptors Dance Pak Workshop, June 10-11 2006 at Kicks Dance Studio, Markham Ontario. Please go to Workshop info to register or call 416.815.5491
All necessary audition information is posted above. Any questions you may have related to being on the team (i.e. rehearsal schedules, game schedules etc.) will be answered at the teams’ orientation meeting (for final team members) after the auditions. Due to the high volume of audition inquiries, please do not expect a return phone call or email.
Thank you for your interest in the Raptors Dance Pak, and GOOD LUCK at the audition! .