Dance Pak Auditions 2007
RAPTORS DANCE PAK AUDITIONS 2007
Thank you for your interest in auditioning for the Raptors Dance Pak, one of the hottest dance teams in the NBA! The audition dates for the 2007-2008 season are:
- First round auditions Saturday June 16th 2007,10:00am, Air Canada Centre, RBK Court. Selected dancers will advance to the 2nd round from 1:00-2:30pm. Finalist Interviews 2:30-4:30pm. Final Dance Audition: 5:00-6:30pm.
- Team Orientation Meeting, Tuesday June 19th 7:00-10:00pm.
(Please check back often for any location, date and/or time changes!)
** You must be available for all phases of the audition process on June 16th and 20th **
The audition is open to all dancers!
· Female Dancers who are 18 years of age or older by June 1st 2007
· Must have previous dance training and experience in jazz and hip-hop. Tumbling skills a bonus!
· Must be available for all phases of the audition process and be prepared to stay as long as necessary
· Must provide non-returnable headshot (5"x7" or larger preferred) and current dance resume
· Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to commit to the Raptors Dance Pak’s schedule, which includes but is not limited to attendance at all rehearsals (one-three nights per week from September-May, as well as a few rehearsals and photo shoots during the summer), all designated home games (approx. 45 games), community and charitable events, and event appearances.
· Black Dance or athletic half-top (with midriff showing)
· Black Dance shorts (no tights)
· Dance sneakers or tennis shoes with non-marking soles
· Performance ready hair and make-up
What we’re looking for
· Showmanship, personality, energy, and enthusiasm!
· Dance technique and style
· Ability and desire to commit to the job
· Physical fitness and personal appearance
· A maximum of 16 team members for the season
General audition information:
The audition process is closed to the public and no family or friends will be permitted to view the audition. The first round will last up to 30 minutes per group, and typically consists of 3 cuts: across the floor combination, technique, and performance routine. All choreography will be taught at the audition, you do not have to prepare a routine. Participants will be judged on appearance, dance ability, style, energy, and projection. Dancers are admitted to the audition room in groups of 30. Auditions are based on ‘first come, first up’. Registration is done on the day of the audition.
Dancers who make the team must attend a mandatory meeting on Tuesday June 19th from 7:00-10:00pm. The final team members will receive the full rehearsal and game schedule, along with all other details for the season at this meeting.
All necessary audition information is posted above. Any questions you may have related to being on the team (i.e. rehearsal schedules etc.) will be answered at the dance teams’ orientation meeting (for final team members) after the auditions.
RAPTORS MINI DANCE PAK AUDITIONS
The Mini Dance Pak audition date and location will be announced soon!
Registration is done on the day of the audition. The audition is based on “first come, first up”. Dancers will learn a jazz and hip hop combination in groups of 20. Each group will perform the routine several times. The panel of judges are looking for high energy and enthusiasm, the ability to pick up choreography quickly, technique, style, and projection. A maximum of 25 dancers will be selected for the team.
- Mini Dance Pak applicants must be between the ages of 5 and 12, and must be the required age by June 1st 2007
- Dancers must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to sign the audition waiver.
- Mini Dance Pak auditions are open to both males and females
- Dancers should have a minimum of 2 years dance experience in jazz and hip hop. Tumbling is a bonus!
- Mini applicants do not have to prepare a routine and do not have to provide a headshot or resume.
- Mini applicants should wear comfortable dance wear and dance sneakers or tennis shoes with non-marking soles.
- Girls – performance ready hair
Dancers who make the team will be given a rehearsal and game schedule at the end of the final audition. The dancers have 8-10 rehearsals during the season (from September to April) on Sunday afternoons (12:00-1:30pm) at a dance studio in Markham. The Mini team will perform at 12-16 Sunday and Wednesday/Friday home games per season (from September to April).
All necessary audition information is posted above. Any questions you may have related to being on the team (i.e. rehearsal schedules, game schedules etc.) will be answered at the teams’ orientation meeting (for final team members) after the auditions.Thank you for your interest in the Raptors Dance Pak, and GOOD LUCK at the audition!