RAPTORS DANCE PAK
The Toronto Raptors are looking for
talented dancers to join the Pak.
Do you have what it takes to rep
the most electrifying dance team in Canada?
DATE: Sunday, July 9th, 2017
CHOREOGRAPHER: Amberley Waddell
LOCATION: Air Canada Centre, 40 Bay St, Toronto, ON. Enter through Gate 1.
REGISTRATION: 10:00am. Auditions begin at 11:00am
BE PREPARED TO STAY AS LONG AS NECESSARY.
What We're Looking For
- Female Dancers – 18 and older (must be 18 by the day of the audition). We strongly encourage ages 22-30 to come out and audition!
- Dancers must have the ability to show an extreme level of enthusiasm, confidence and poise.
- Dancers must be physically fit and have strong athletic skills and endurance.
- Dancers must be dedicated, professional, hard working and strong team players.
- Minimum 2 years dance/performance experience in Hip Hop or Jazz.
- 22 team members.
- There is no minimum or maximum height requirement.
- You must also provide a resume and a current non-returnable 5x7 or 8x10 headshot.
What To Expect
- Dancers will be taught a basic hip hop routine combined with jazz.
- All participants who advance will be asked to perform the routine in small groups.
- A number of cuts will be made throughout the audition.
- All participants who advance will be asked to perform 4-6 eight counts of their own choreography highlighting strengths and specialties.
- Music will be provided.
- The audition is closed, spectators will not be permitted.
What To Wear
- An attractive two-piece dance outfit (Half top and fitted shorts. Any style and colour)
- Mid-area, legs and arms must be exposed.
- No baggy clothing or street wear. No pants, leggings, capris or cover ups.
- Full performance make-up and hair styled. Hair must be down, no ponytails.
- Participants may wear any kind of sneaker/dance shoe, please make sure they have non-marking soles.
- Mandatory team rehearsals – Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 7:30-10:00pm
- August through April (or until end of playoffs)
- Mandatory team meeting
- Pre-Season games – October
- 41+ Regular Season Home Games – November to April. Schedule is available in August
- Public appearances and events
Judges will focus on enthusiasm, energy, dance ability, personal appearance, personality, poise and showmanship.