2006 NBA Pick ’n Roll presented by Gatorade Official Rules
NBA Pick 'n Roll Presented by Gatorade Official Rules.
No Purchase Necessary To Participate Or Win.
Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
Void In Quebec And Where Prohibited.
Eligibility: NBA Pick 'n Roll Presented by Gatorade (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents (natural persons only) of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry (“Participants”). Eligible minors must obtain their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent prior to participation. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of NBA Media Ventures, LLC (“Sponsor”), NBA Properties, Inc., the NBA and its member teams, S-VC, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, franchisees, advertising/promotion agencies and Project Support Team, Inc. (“P/S/T”) (collectively “Released Parties”) and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling, or child, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate or win. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, and local laws.
Promotion Period: The Promotion starts following the determination of the NBA Playoffs 2006 First Round matchups and the Promotion ends on 4/22/06 immediately prior to tip off of Game #1 of the first round of the NBA Playoffs 2006 (“Promotion Period”). For the complete NBA 2005-2006 playoffs schedule, visit www.nba.com/schedules. See To Participate section below for additional details.
If you are not a registered member of NBA.com you may register to participate in the Promotion starting at 10:00:01AM ET on 4/10/06. Once the NBA Playoffs 2006 First Round matchups have been determined you will be notified via email that the Game Play page is available.
(1) Visit www.NBA.com during the Promotion Period. If you are a registered member of NBA.com, you may immediately link to the Game Play page using your previously designated user name and password from www.NBA.com to participate in the Promotion. If you are not a registered member of NBA.com, you must register before participating in this Promotion. Registration is free. To register, complete and submit the NBA User Registration form according to the instructions provided. As part of the registration process, you will be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails from the NBA. Consenting to receive promotional emails is optional and is not required for membership or participation in this Promotion. Upon completion of the registration process, you may link to the Game Play page using your newly designated user name and password from www.NBA.com to participate in the Promotion. Limit one NBA User Registration form submission per email address for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional registration forms received from any such email address thereafter will be void. The use of any device to automate the registration or entry process is prohibited and any registration or entry received through such means as determined by Sponsor will be void. Registration form submissions will be accepted throughout the Promotion Period, in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules.
(2) Visit the Game Play page, click on the “Play Now” button and follow the listed instructions. An NBA Pick ‘N Roll bracket will be displayed reflecting all teams participating in the NBA Playoffs 2006. For the purpose of this Promotion, the NBA Playoffs 2006 bracket will feature a total of sixteen (16) teams and eight (8) NBA team matchups (each, a “series”).
(3) Using knowledge of NBA teams and NBA players’ skills and statistics, predict the NBA team that will win each series (through and including the NBA Finals 2006) based on the instructions provided.
(4) Predict the total number of games that each series will last.
(5) Answer the Tie-Breaker Question: How many statistical 'double-double's' will there be in the NBA Finals 2006 series? For the purpose of this Promotion a double-double is defined as any player scoring at least 10 points and 10 rebounds or at least 10 points and 10 assists.
(6) Bracket predictions can be submitted/modified up until ‘tip-off’ of Game #1 of the NBA Playoffs 2006 in accordance with the posted deadline. Participant’s last predictions that are received by the deadline will be used to tabulate his/her Pick ‘N Roll Points. Bracket predictions cannot be submitted/modified once there is ‘tip-off’ of Game #1 of the NBA Playoffs 2006.
(7) Click on the “Enter Your Picks” button by the applicable deadline.
(8) All predictions must be accepted and acknowledged by the computer servers by the applicable deadline to be considered valid and eligible.
There is a limit of one prediction per matchup (as detailed above) per Participant.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, late, delayed, undelivered or misdirected entries, registrations, predictions or submissions; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; failures or malfunctions of phones, phonelines or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; errors in these Official Rules, in any promotion-related advertisements or other materials; the administration of the Promotion or selection or announcement of winners or the distribution of prizes; the cancellation, suspension or preemption of games, injuries or other unavailability of players, scoring tabulation or timing errors or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise.
Scoring: Each Participant’s Pick ‘N Roll Prize score in the Promotion relative to other Participants will be determined by the number of Pick ‘N Roll Points that he/she accumulates during the Promotion Period based on his/her predictions for each series as denoted above. Each Participant’s Pick ‘N Roll Prize score will be tabulated as follows for the Promotion Period denoted above:
(10) NBA Pick ‘N Roll Points: For correctly predicting the winning teams in round one of the NBA Playoffs 2006
(20) NBA Pick ‘N Roll Points: For correctly predicting the winning teams in the Conference Semi-Finals
(30) NBA Pick ‘N Roll Points: For correctly predicting the winning teams in the Conference Finals
(40) NBA Pick ‘N Roll Points: For correctly predicting the winning team in the Finals
(10) NBA Pick ‘N Roll Points: For correctly predicting both the number of games in each series and the winning team in each series
Awarding of NBA Pick ‘N Roll Points is subject to compliance with these Official Rules.
Winner Selection/Notification: Winners will be determined on or about 7/6/06. Prizes will be awarded to the Participants who accumulate the highest number of NBA Pick ‘N Roll Points cumulatively for the entire Promotion respectively.
In the event of a tie, the potential winner from any such tied Participants will be deemed the Participant that predicted the closest number to the actual number of total statistical 'double-double's', as determined by Sponsor, in the NBA Finals 2006 series. If a tie still exists after the above tie-breaker has been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the applicable prize(s).
The tabulation of NBA Pick ‘N Roll Points and identification of potential winners will be conducted by judges whose decisions along with Sponsor’s are final and binding with respect to these Official Rules and in all other matters relating to this Promotion. Prizes will be awarded to the person named on the applicable NBA.com registration form regardless of whether that is the name of the authorized account holder of the email address from which said NBA.com registration form was submitted (subject to verification of eligibility and the terms of these Official Rules). Potential winners will be notified by email, phone or mail. Limit one prize per Participant, immediate family or household for the duration of the Promotion Period.
In the event that any NBA Playoff 2006 series game is canceled, suspended (and not resumed) or preempted (and not resumed) for any reason during the Promotion Period, prizes will be awarded based on Points accumulated for those games that occur as scheduled.
Prizes: (1) Grand Prize: Hannspree NBA XXL 15" TV (ARV=$399.99US). (5) First Prizes: Spalding Team Logo Basketball (ARV=$109.99US). (10) Second Prizes: $50 Gift Certificate to the nbastore.com (ARV=$50US). Gift Certificates subject to certain terms and conditions. Restrictions may apply. All prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee from Sponsor. Total ARV of all prizes=$1,449.94US.
Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prizes (or portion thereof) except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability and then for a prize (or applicable portion thereof) of comparable or greater value (except as otherwise provided above). Federal, state, provincial and local taxes, including but not limited to any applicable income or withholding taxes, customs duties or like fees and all other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the prizes not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winners. If an eligible minor is selected as a winner, prize will be awarded in the name of said minor’s parent or legal guardian. Grand Prize winner (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within five days of date issuance of notification. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion. awarding of prize to the runner-up at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If any prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to: 1.) disqualify any person (and void his/her entry) who tampers with the entry process, the operation of NBA.com, or any other component of this Promotion, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules and 2.) modify, suspend or terminate this Promotion should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war, strikes, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion and, in the event of termination or suspension, at its discretion, award prizes for completed portions of the Promotion to the highest scoring eligible non-suspect entrants as of the event requiring such termination or suspension. By participating, Participants (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that: 1.) Released Parties and their designees and assigns may use (unless prohibited by law) such Participant’s name, city/state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes and/or for the purpose of posting their name and Pick ‘N Roll Point total on NBA.com or on any NBA telecast and/or for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known without further compensation, permission or notification and 2.) Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury to Participant or any other person or death or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or participation in this Promotion. Winners List: For the winners’ names (available after 8/22/06), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by 8/8/06 to: NBA Pick 'n Roll Presented by Gatorade Winners, P.O. Box 13106, Bridgeport, CT 06673-3106.
Sponsor: NBA Media Ventures, LLC, 645 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10022.
Administrator: Project Support Team, Inc., 100 Mill Plain Road, Danbury, CT 06811/www.projectsupportteam.com.
NBA.com is part of Turner - SI Digital, part of the Turner Sports & Entertainment Digital Network. Advertise on NBA.com | Career Opportunities | Help