|2015 - 16||MPG||FG%||3P%||FT%||PPG||RPG||APG||BPG|
6 ft11 in
NBA CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
• Selected by Golden State in the first round of the 2012 NBA Draft (30th overall).
• His 41 starts in 2012-13 were the most by a Warriors rookie center since Joe Barry Carroll started 80 games in 1980-81 and were second most among rookies on playoff teams (behind only teammate Harrison Barnes).
• Enters 2015-16 owning career averages of 3.2 points, 3.8 rebounds, 0.94 blocks and 13.1 minutes in 124 games (48 starts) in three seasons with Golden State.
• Has appeared in 32 playoff games (three starts) with Golden State, averaging 2.9 points and 2.9 rebounds in 9.9 minutes per contest and helping Golden State to the 2014-15 NBA Championship.
2014-15 HIGHLIGHTS WITH GOLDEN STATE & SANTA CRUZ (D-LEAGUE):
• Appeared in 46 games (seven starts), averaging 4.4 points and 3.4 rebounds in 10.9 minutes.
• In seven starts, averaged 6.7 points and 3.6 rebounds in 15.4 minutes.
• Scored in double figures four times.
• Grabbed a season-high 10 rebounds, his fourth career game with double-digit boards, on 3/23 vs. Washington.
• Hit a career-high six free throws (6-of-7) en route to 14 points in 15 minutes on 3/2 at Brooklyn.
• Scored in double figures in consecutive games (12/22-12/23) for the first time of his career.
• Posted career-highs with 15 points on seven field goals made on 12/22 vs. Sacramento.
• On 12/10 vs. Houston, made his first regular season start since 4/15/13 vs. San Antonio, tallying seven points and three boards in 16 minutes.
• Grabbed a then-season-high eight rebounds in a season-high 21 minutes on 12/8 at Minnesota.
• Scored five points in eight minutes on 10/29 at Sacramento, appearing in his first game since Game 6 of the Western Conference Semifinals on 5/16/13 vs. San Antonio after missing the 2013-14 season while recovering from right knee surgery.
• Made his NBA D-League debut with Santa Cruz on 1/30 vs. Reno, tallying eight points, six rebounds and three blocks in 18 minutes.
• In two games with Santa Cruz in the D-League, averaged 10.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 3.00 blocks in 21.0 minutes.
• DNP-CD 16 times... Inactive 19 times, including 16 times with a left ankle sprain and twice while on assignment with Santa Cruz in the D-League... Missed one game due to an NBA suspension.
• Appeared in 20 postseason games, averaging 3.5 points and 3.1 rebounds in 9.2 minutes per game.
• Scored 10 points in 11 minutes in Game 6 of the NBA Finals, his third career playoff game in double figures... Connected on a 2015 postseason- high four free throws in that contest.
• Tallied playoff career-highs with 12 points, nine rebounds and 28 minutes on 5/27 vs. Houston.
• DNP-CD in the postseason once.
2013-14 HIGHLIGHTS WITH GOLDEN STATE:
• Missed all 82 regular-season games and all seven postseason games while recovering from right knee surgery.
• Had offseason knee surgery on 6/12/13 to reinforce both the medial collateral ligament and posterior cruciate ligament in right knee.
2012-13 HIGHLIGHTS WITH GOLDEN STATE:
• Appeared in 78 games (41 starts), averaging 2.4 points, 4.0 rebounds and 0.95 blocks (4th among rookies) in 14.4 minutes.
• His 41 starts were the most by a Warriors rookie center since Joe Barry Carroll started 80 games in 1980-81 and were second most among rookies on playoff teams (behind only teammate Harrison Barnes).
• In his 41 starts, averaged 2.8 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.05 blocks in 16.8 minutes.
• Scored a career-high 13 points on 1/19 at New Orleans, his only game in double-figures.
• Grabbed double-digit rebounds three times, including a career-best 13 boards on 4/15 vs. San Antonio, the first rookie center for the Warriors to grab 13 rebounds in a game since Marc Jackson did so on 2/16/01 vs. Vancouver.
• Had a career-best five blocks on 12/29 vs. Boston.
• Made his first career start on 11/3 at the Clippers, tallying eight points and five rebounds in 28 minutes.
• Made his NBA debut on 10/31 at Phoenix, recording three points, five rebounds and three steals in 14 minutes.
• Missed one game with a right knee contusion on 12/15... DNP-CD three times.
• Appeared in 12 playoff games (three starts), averaging 2.0 points and 2.5 rebounds in 11.2 minutes.
• Tallied career-playoff-highs of eight points and five rebounds in Game 5 of the First Round at Denver on 4/30 and seven rebounds in Game 6 of the Western Conference Semifinals vs. San Antonio on 5/16.
• Made his NBA playoff debut in Game 1 of First Round series at Denver on 4/20 and his first career playoff start in Game 1 of the Western Conference Semifinals at San Antonio on 5/6.
• Appeared in 121 games in four years at Vanderbilt, averaging 7.7 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.69 blocks in 17.9 minutes, while shooting 56.2 percent from the field.
• Left Vanderbilt as the school’s all-time blocks leader with 204, surpassing Will Perdue’s mark of 157.
• His 2.56 blocks per game and 87 total blocks in 2010-11 established Commodore single-season records.
• Helped Vanderbilt to three consecutive NCAA tournament berths (2010-12) and an SEC Tournament championship (2012).
• Appeared in 26 games (22 starts) as a senior, averaging 10.1 points, 5.9 rebounds and 2.00 blocks in 23.2 minutes while shooting 53.9 percent from the field.
• Appeared in 34 games (all starts) as a junior, averaging 13.0 points, 6.3 rebounds and a school-record 2.56 blocks (87 total) in 23.5 minutes while shooting 58.8 percent, second best in the SEC.
• Appeared in 32 games (five starts) as a sophomore, averaging 3.8 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.34 blocks in 12.7 minutes while shooting a team-best 54.4 percent from the field.
• Appeared in 29 games (six starts) as a freshman, averaging 3.8 points and 2.6 rebounds in 12.4 minutes while shooting 54.7 percent from the field.
• Redshirted in 2007-08.
PERSONAL: Full name is Ifeanyi Festus Ezeli-Ndelue...Parents are Festus Sr. and Patricia...Has three brothers (Ike, Chucky and Kenny) and one sister (Oby)...Cousin, Ike Okoye, plays basketball professionally in Germany...Wears #31 as an upgrade from the #3 he wore in college, as in version 3.1...Would like to own a business after the NBA...First job was an internship at Merrill Lynch...Majored in economics at Vanderbilt...Graduated from Igbinedion Secondary School in Nigeria at the age of 14...Moved to the United States in 2004...Had never played traditional organized basketball until the summer of 2007, when he attracted attention from college recruiters while playing AAU basketball for the Sacramento Pharaohs and averaged 10 points, 11 rebounds and three blocks per game...Played under Guss Armstead in Sacramento, the father of 49ers 2015 first-round draft pick Arik Armstead...Participated in the first-ever NBA game in Africa this past summer in Johannesburg, South Africa, playing with Team Africa against Team World in a game at Ellis Park Arena on August 1, 2015... Has been extremely active in Warriors community relations efforts during his first two seasons with club...Was given the Bayview YMCA Ambassador Award in recognition of his participation in the Bayview Hunter’s Point YMCA Bowlathon in the summer of 2013... Hosted his own basketball camp at Bayview Hunter’s Point YMCA in San Francisco in the summer of 2015... ...Has participated in the Make-A-Wish Holiday Party at the team’s practice facility, in which several Make-A-Wish families were treated to an evening of carnival-type games...Purchased breakfast for all team employees at Warriors HQ during the 2013-14 season as a thank you for all their hard work supporting the players and team...Visited the Twitter headquarters in San Francisco as part of the #GSWCountdown campaign leading up to Opening Night prior to 2013-14 season... Attended the NBA Nation event in San Francisco in May shortly after the Warriors were eliminated from the 2013 NBA Playoffs...Attended a Warriors youth basketball clinic on the day of his introductory press conference in the Bay Area after being drafted, and has made visits to numerous sessions of Warriors basketball camp during his three years with the organization...Took part in the Back To School Rookie Reading Rally at Sobrante Park Elementary School in Oakland shortly before the beginning of his rookie season...Enjoys bowling, traveling, reading, fishing and spending time with his family...Can also play the piano...Is on Twitter @festus.
Traditional Season Stats
Career SnapshotAdvanced Player Stats