Detroit Pistons Announce Opening Night Entertainment and Promotional Nights for Upcoming Season
Opening Night tickets, starting as low as $10, are on-sale now at The Palace Box Office, Pistons.com, by calling 248-377-0100 or by visiting any TicketMaster location or Ticketmaster.com.
In addition to opening night entertainment, the team’s promotional line-up for the season was also announced. Fans can take advantage of three new unique game-day offerings that will add increased value to any ticket purchase. The club will debut a newly-created “Pistons Power-Hour” located in the North Pavilion from 6-7 p.m. prior to each home game where fans can arrive early, enjoy food and beverage sampling and discounts, meet and greet Pistons personalities and take advantage of give-a-way items and exclusive merchandise offers. Each game will also feature a nightly Pistons 50-50 Payday raffle where fans can purchase tickets at the Come Together kiosk located in the North Pavilion for a chance to win a cash prize. Proceeds will benefit the Come Together Foundation in support of volunteerism, youth leadership and NBA Cares programming. Finally, all fans can pick up a free interactive Action Guide game program that will include a souvenir player poster each game, chances to win prizes each quarter and discounts on concessions and merchandise throughout the game.
“We are pleased to announce a great line-up of entertainment for opening night beginning with family-friendly trick-or-treating and highlighted by a halftime production featuring our talented performance groups,” said Dennis Mannion, CEO of Palace Sports & Entertainment and the Pistons. “We are equally excited to announce promotional nights for the upcoming season that will thrill our fans while providing increased value to the overall experience of attending a Pistons game.”
Promotional nights for the upcoming season will include something for everyday of the week and every fan in attendance. Highlights of each night are as follows:
- “Motown Mondays – Stars and Cars” – Mondays are a celebration of all things Detroit, including the region’s affinity for automobiles and music. These nights will include halftime musical entertainment featuring Motown artists, automobile displays featuring vehicles from our present and past and discounts on Detroit-made food and beverage offerings.
- Tuesday nights at The Palace become “Two-sdays” - where fans can take advantage of the ultimate in great value. Selected concession items will be available for $2 or $2-off for the entire game and Palace Locker Room stores will offer two-for-one deals on specified merchandise.
- “Wired Wednesdays” – Wednesdays will bring fans closer to the action than ever before. Selected Pistons’ players, coaches and trainers will be “mic’d up” during pregame warm-ups to provide inside access at an unprecedented level. In addition, entertainment teams will be “mic’d up” during the game, halftime performers will be “mic’d up” prior to hitting the stage and the arena’s new Twitter boards will encourage fans to tweet comments about their in-arena experience.
- “Friday Night Out” – Every Friday night is a party night at The Palace. Whether it is a specific theme night such as “Super 70’s,” “I Love The 80’s” or “Totally 90’s,” a party atmosphere will be felt throughout the night. DJs will play music during pregame in the West Atrium and Pavilion areas and themed halftime concerts will feature top musical talent and entertainment from Pistons performance teams.
- “Saturday Kids’ Night – Kids’ Appreciation” – Saturday nights are all about kids and family. Pregame entertainment will feature kid-friendly meet and greets with characters from Disney and Nickelodeon, face-painting and photo opportunities with Pistons entertainment teams. Halftime shows will include popular youth-oriented performers and youngsters can utilize the in-arena Twitter boards to request their favorite songs during time-outs.
- “Super Sunday – Friends & Family” – Every Sunday is fan appreciation day at The Palace. Fans in attendance will receive giveaway items, Pistons players, legends and entertainment teams will sign autographs during pregame and special merchandise will be given to lucky fans at each time-out during the game.
For in-depth analysis by website editor Keith Langlois and special video interviews, visit www.pistons.com, the official source for information and inside access to the Detroit Pistons.