Detroit Pistons 2.0 Mobile App for Android and iPhone Offers In-Game Seat Upgrade Option
April 15, 2013AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – It’s 7:30 p.m. You’re at tonight’s Detroit Pistons game against the Charlotte Bobcats. You’re sitting in the 200-level, but you see some open seats in the 100-level. Tonight – you can use the official Detroit Pistons Mobile App to upgrade your seats in the arena.
The Pistons are the second team to provide the seat upgrade option on their mobile app available for download in the iTunes App Store and on Google Play, or by visiting NBA.com/pistons/mobile, helping fans – no matter where they are – stay connected with the team.
The Pistons’ digital team has partnered with Pogoseat or Pogoseat Mobile, a mobile-ticketing application, that enables fans to upgrade their seats before and during the game from their smartphones. Pogoseat displays a map of all the seats available in the venue, and users can sign in through Facebook, Twitter or email, to purchase an upgraded seat. The upgraded ticket receipt is sent directly to the user’s smartphone, allowing them to provide digital confirmation for arena ushers.
Pogoseat representatives will be at the April 12 and April 15 Pistons games at the Power Hour in the North Pavilion, instructing Pistons app users on the seat upgrade option.
“We couldn’t be more excited to be partnering with the Detroit Pistons, our second NBA team." said Max Lebovitz, Pogoseat vice president of Marketing. "They understand the importance of providing their fans with the ability to have the best in-game experience possible and are constantly leveraging technology to engage their fans in new ways. We believe Pogoseat is a perfect fit for Detroit fans and look forward to providing them with the best upgrade experiences possible.”
In addition to the seat upgrade option, the latest Pistons app upgrade also offers users a great second screen experience with the game’s shot clock, the live in-game box score, play-by-play and player stats. Parking and arena maps with concessions and bathroom locations are also included. And Pistons Entertainment Team bios and wallpapers are now available.
Developed by B3 Connect and Pistons Brand Networks, this app is the definitive source of 24/7 Pistons news and information, including:
- Team alerts for breaking news, last minute tickets, and in-game updates
- Game Day matchup with game preview and key matchups
- Pistons player bios with personal info, action photos and updated stats
- Live video stream of 24 channels from Pistons Programming Network
- Up-to-the-minute Pistons News, Photos and Standings
- An interactive game schedule, allowing you to buy Pistons tickets with the tap of a button
- Access to Pistons promotions, including tickets, merchandise, concessions and Hardwood, Playmakers and Future Pistons clubs
- An aggregated Pistons Twitter timeline to follow everything #Pistons.