GRANT CHALLENGE WINNERS
Jackson High School
The students in the Vikings for Change Club at Jackson High School has been chosen as a Come Together Game Changer Grant Challenge recipient for their Vikings for Change Homeless Shelter Simulation. The students planned a Homeless Shelter Simulation where students walked from the high school to the Jackson Interfaith Shelter with all of their belongings for the night. The students served dinner and interacted with the people at the shelter, then returned to the school where they set up card board boxes to sleep in for the night and created tie fleece blankets and hygiene kits to be donated to the shelter. This project was an opportunity for students to learn about poverty and raise awareness about homelessness in the Jackson community.
Come Together Game Changers ProgramGame Changers are the everyday people making a difference within their communities through service, leadership and volunteerism. Through the Come Together Game Changers program, the Detroit Pistons are recognizing and rewarding these unsung heroes throughout the state of Michigan. After being nominated by fellow community members, friends, or family, selected Game Changers will be eligible to receive a complimentary Pistons game experience.
Official Rules and Regulations
Who is eligible to be nominated?
Anyone making a positive impact within their communities who live in Michigan!
Nominees must be at least 18 years of age.
How do I nominate someone?
- Go to www.pistons.com/gamechangers and click “Nominate Now”
- Complete all required contact info for you and your nominees. Required fields are marked with asterisks.
- Tips: When nominating an individual, be sure to explain in your own words how the person’s work has made a positive impact in the community.
- What is it about him/her that stands out?
- How has their work made a difference in your community?
- Please share any additional information about your nominee that reflects the work they do in the community (photos, articles, website links, videos, etc.) (max of three). These can be e-mailed to email@example.com
- Please don’t nominate yourself
Selected individuals and groups will be contacted by the Community Relations Department. Please do not call to inquire about the status of your nomination.