Michigan Sports Hall offers array of unique auction experiences
The Michigan Sports Hall of Fame is holding an on-line auction that starts Friday and runs through Nov. 21 with special packages that involve not only the Pistons, but Detroit’s three other major professional sports franchises plus the universities of Michigan and Michigan State.
Proceeds will benefit both the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame and the Dave Bing Scholarship for Leadership and Achievement named for the Pistons Hall of Famer and current mayor of Detroit.
The Pistons packages include:
- A game during the 2010-11 season from a suite at The Palace with two former Pistons great and Michigan Hall of Famers, Vinnie Johnson and Ray Scott.
- Dinner with the three Bad Boys championship members – Mahorn, Johnson and Edwards.
- Behind the scenes with Pistons television: Tag along with Pistons sideline reporter Eli Zaret at a Pistons home game, then sit behind George Blaha – the voice of the Pistons for 35 years and also a Michigan Hall of Famer – and Greg Kelser for their call of the game. You’ll also get a pregame dinner with Blaha, Kelser and Zaret.
- Behind the scenes with Pistons radio: Your group of four will get to sit behind the Pistons bench for a 2010-11 home game. Included is a pregame meal with Matt Dery, host of the pregame and postgame shows, your picture taken on the court at The Palace and a seat next to Dery at his postgame show.
- A round of golf with Mahorn and Kelser.
More than 40 packages covering the Pistons, Red Wings, Tigers and Lions plus the two Big Ten schools are available and will go live on eBay.com at 12:01 a.m. Friday, with bidding ending at 11:59 p.m. Nov. 21. Details are available on the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame’s website, www.michigansportshof.org, with periodic auction updates available on the Hall’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Among some of the other attractive packages available are lunch with Gordie Howe and Bill Gadsby, airfare for two to San Diego for a spot in the booth next to Michigan native and Hall of Famer Dick Enberg while he calls a Padres game, hosting Michigan quarterback great Rick Leach at your tailgate party before a Wolverines football game, and lunch with former Lions linebackers Joe Schmidt and Mike Lucci.
Other Detroit athletes who are involved in auction experiences include Lem Barney, Billy Sims, Willie Horton, Mickey Lolich, Joe DeLamielleure and Eddie Murray.