OFFICIAL RULES OF STATE FARM® - PELICANS - APRIL 2014 SWEEPSTAKES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. OVERVIEW OF THE SWEEPSTAKES: The Spring 2014 State Farm® / Pelicans promotion (“Sweepstakes”) will give entrants the chance to win Pelicans-themed prizes by texting “assist” to 95615.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on April 15, 2014,at 6:00 PM (CST) and ends on April 16, 2014 approximately after half-time of the New Orleans Pelicans NBA, LLC game of that same day, and officially after the winner reveal during a TV timeout of the third quarter break. (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Times and dates may be subject to change. Entries received outside of the Sweepstakes Period will not be accepted or be eligible to win the prizes.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Louisiana who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void in all other jurisdictions and where prohibited by law. New Orleans Pelicans NBA, LLC, Contest Sponsor State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company (State Farm) and each of their parent, subsidiary companies, affiliates, divisions, franchisees, employees, representatives, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers, distributors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, State Farm insurance and financial services agents, each of the participating wireless carriers and members of their immediate families (defined for these purposes as including spouse, parents, children, and siblings and each of their respective spouses) and individuals living in the same household, are not eligible to participate. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
4. HOW TO ENTER:
(a) TEXT MESSAGE: During the Sweepstakes Entry Periods, text “assist” to shortcode 95615 from your 2-way text messaging capable wireless phone. Once you send the text message, entrants will receive a response providing a unique number. Fans will resort back to this number when tuning into the Pelicans games on April 9, 14, and 16, 2014, depending on the entry period, to see if they are a winner. All entrants must have a two-way text messaging capable handset in order to enter the Sweepstakes using the text messaging method. Entrants will be charged their text messaging rate for each text message sent or received through their handset according to the terms in their wireless calling plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Even in using the online entry method described on this page, entrants still need a two-way text messaging capable handset in order to participate in the Sweepstakes.
(b) ONLINE: Entry is also available online for free without sending a text message during the Sweepstakes Period at the following link: http://www.vibescm.com/amoe
(c) AUDIENCE: The text message entry method will be advertised day of game from Pelicans controlled media outlets with sponsor messaging. This includes but is not limited to email, online, text notifications, app push, television (broadcast drops and commercial content during TV timeouts), in-arena signage, and in-arena PA announcements. These advertising methods allow the audience to be extended beyond just the in-arena ticket holders of the April 16, 2014 game. A call to action and winner reveal will be seen by both the in-arena attendees and TV audience watching the game on Fox Sports New Orleans. Entrants can be those that attend the game, those that are watching the game from home, any subscriber to the Pelicans email list, text notifications, smart phone application, and anyone that hears about the sweepstakes from third party word of mouth. In this way, the audience is not restricted in anyway if they meet the terms in section three (3): “ELIGIBILITY.” The same rules of “HOW TO ENTER” explained in sub-section (a)” TEXT MESSAGE” and sub-section (b) “ONLINE” apply to the all entrants and the entire eligible audience regardless of the method that they become aware of the sweepstakes. Entrants will be asked to register for the Sweepstakes by submitting the registration information requested.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per person or telephone number or email address per day, regardless of method of entry. Multiple entries from the same person or telephone number or email address will not be accepted, or if accepted, may later be rejected and may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, registrations, telephone numbers, or any other methods may void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. If you send your entry via text message, the prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the phone number account from which the text message originated. If you send your response in via online entry, the prize will be awarded to the name corresponding to the email address account submitted on the entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entry will be declared to be the authorized account holder submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a mobile telephone number (MTN) or email address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses, telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone number/email address or the domain associated with the submitted telephone, as applicable. Potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the MTN or contact phone number and/or email address associated with the winning entry.
5. WINNER SELECTION: After the close of the Sweepstakes Period,. the New Orleans Pelicans, NBA LLC will be responsible for selecting the potential winner from all eligible entries received at that time on behalf of the sponsor. The team will also be responsible for the distribution and logistics of the prize allocation to the potential winner. The potential winner will be notified by phone call and on video board screen during the second half of the Pelicans game, chosen at Sponsor’s discretion, and will be subject to verification of eligibility and be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form within twenty-four hours of notification, or such other time period requested by Sponsor.
6. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES:
April 16, 2014: Two (2) Court-Side tickets to 2015-2016 Home Opener $2000 value
• Game Ball delivery at home opener
• Tour of Pelicans Practice Facility
• Lunch at the Pelicans Practice Facility
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Winner may make no substitution or transfer of prizes and prizes are not exchangeable for cash. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. If required by law, winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the prize value.
8. RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. With respect to claims resulting from death or personal injury (in accordance with applicable law in those jurisdictions), by entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, New Orleans Pelicans, the National Basketball Association, State Farm insurance and financial services agents, their related companies, their respective parents (if applicable) and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and agents (“Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize whether or not caused by the negligence of the Released Parties.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Official Rules will be posted at www.pelicans.com and will also be located at The New Orleans Pelicans Practice Facility located at 1500 Airline Drive, Metairie, Louisiana 70003.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: In respect to all entrants, the Released Parties are not responsible for and shall be released from all liability resulting from: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, un-deliverable, damaged or unintelligible entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (some jurisdictions do not allow the aforementioned limitations or exclusions of liability, so parts of this section may not apply). The Released Parties are not responsible for and are released from any liability with respect to misdirected or un-deliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana or the appropriate court of the State of Louisiana located in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney fees; and (3) under no circumstances will the entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Louisiana without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Louisiana or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Louisiana.
12. ENTRANT’S PERSONAL INFORMATION: Information collected from entrants is subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Policies.
13. The National Basketball Association, its member clubs, NBA Properties LLC, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NBA Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or the prize awarded. The NBA Entities have not offered or sponsored this sweepstakes in any way.
14. WINNER’S LIST: Written confirmation of the name of the winners may be obtained after May 30, 2014 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “New Orleans Pelicans - State Farm Text to Win Promotion” 5800 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003.