Five things to know about the Pelicans on Day 3 in Las Vegas
1) New Orleans practiced Saturday night in preparation for back-to-back afternoon games Sunday and Monday. Due to the early starts, the Pelicans won’t be holding shootarounds prior to either contest.
2) The summer Pelicans (1-0) will face the Los Angeles Lakers at 3:30 p.m. Central today (1:30 local time in Nevada), seeking their second win in as many tries. The Lakers (0-1) lost Friday to the Toronto Raptors by a 89-78 margin. Today's game will be played at UNLV's spacious Thomas & Mack Center.
3) The game is available live on NBA.com broadband. DVR alert: NBA TV will broadcast a replay of Pelicans-Lakers just after midnight, starting at 12:30 a.m. Central on Monday.
4) Pelicans rookie Patric Young was a major factor in the paint during Friday’s 83-81 win over the D-League Select team, piling up 11 points and 13 rebounds in only 19 minutes of playing time.
5) New Orleans will face the San Antonio Spurs on Monday (5:30 p.m. Central/3:30 Pacific). Eight of the 24 teams in the Las Vegas summer league will receive a first-round bye Wednesday in tournament play. For a realistic chance at a bye, a team will have to go at least 2-1 in pool play, although last year the Pelicans went 2-1 and ended up as the No. 11 seed.