Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 7
1) Read about Anthony Davis’ eventful week with USA Basketball in Las Vegas. The American team plays its next game on Aug. 16 vs. Brazil.
2) There has been no official confirmation of the 2014-15 NBA schedule release date yet, but we may be closer to seeing the docket soon. NBA TV has scheduled “NBA Special” broadcasts for Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. Based on late July/early August programming in past years, those are likely to be NBA schedule unveiling shows.
3) Traditionally, the NBA schedule has been publicized on a Tuesday, partly in order to maximize exposure, but also to give the 30 teams sufficient time on Monday to finalize plans for releasing their schedules to fans.
4) In case you were curious, the Pelicans had three scheduled national TV appearances last season, all in February, all on ESPN. It will be interesting to see how that number changes this time, given the emergence of Anthony Davis as a bona fide star.
5) One thing everyone already knows is that the 2015 All-Star Game will be played in New York’s Madison Square Garden on Feb. 15. Mardi Gras is Feb. 17.