Black History Month Essay Contest
The Hornets are hosting an essay contest to commemorate and bring awareness to Black History Month. All students are invited to participate in the contest.
- High School
There are four categories:
One person will be selected from each group. The essay question is:
What does Black History Month mean to you?
- One author per essay.
- One essay per person.
- Essay must be submitted to email@example.com.
- Essay must be a minimum of 50 words, but not exceed 250.
- New Orleans registrants must submit essays by 4 p.m. CST on February 19.
- Oklahoma City registrants must submit essays by 4 p.m CST on February 23.
- The Hornets reserve the right to use any essay submitted for judging at their discretion.
- Hornets forward David West will serve as the honorary judge and will be looking for the following criteria: content, quality and creativity of work
- First and last name
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Grade in school and name of your school (if applicable).
Please include your contact information:
Please email your information as listed above and your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only participants currently residing in Oklahoma or New Orleans will be eligible.
Winners selected in New Orleans will receive two complimentary tickets to the Hornets game on Friday, February 23 vs. the Seattle SuperSonics.
Winners selected in Oklahoma City, will receive two complimentary tickets to the Hornets game on Wednesday, February 28 versus the Atlanta Hawks.
In addition to the tickets, all winners will meet and greet with David West prior to tip-off on the nights listed above. Winners will be contacted by phone and announced on hornets.com.
We look forward to your participation and good luck!