MOST POPULAR JERSEYS LIST
Hornets team merchandise ranks No.6 in sales
April 29, 2008
The Hornets announced today that guard Chris Paul has one of the most popular jerseys in the NBA, ranking No. 3 in sales. This is the highest ranking his jersey has received during his four-year career. During the first half of the season, Pauls jersey ranked No. 4.
In addition, the New Orleans Hornets moved up to No. 6 on the Most Popular Team Merchandise list after ranking No. 8 during the first half of the season.
The rankings are based on sales at the NBA Store in New York City and NBAStore.com since the start of the 2008-09 season through April 2009.
Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant maintained the top spot, with the Cleveland Cavaliers LeBron James moving in the No. 2 spot. Paul ranks third, followed by the Boston Celtics Kevin Garnett at No. 4 and the Detroit Pistons Allen Iverson at No. 5.
The Los Angeles Lakers also top the list of the Most Popular NBA Team Merchandise with the Boston Celtics holding onto the second spot.
The NBAs Most Popular Jersey and Most Popular Team Merchandise lists are below:
|TOP 15 PLAYERS||TOP 10 TEAMS||1. KOBE BRYANT (Los Angeles Lakers)
2. LEBRON JAMES (Cleveland Cavaliers)
3. CHRIS PAUL (New Orleans Hornets)
4. KEVIN GARNETT (Boston Celtics)
5. ALLEN IVERSON (Detroit Pistons)
6. DWYANE WADE (Miami Heat)
7. PAUL PIERCE (Boston Celtics)
8. NATE ROBINSON (New York Knicks)
9. PAU GASOL (Los Angeles Lakers)
10. DWIGHT HOWARD (Orlando Magic)
11. DERRICK ROSE (Chicago Bulls)
12. RAY ALLEN (Boston Celtics)
13. STEVE NASH (Phoenix Suns)
14. SHAQUILLE O'NEAL (Phoenix Suns)
15. CARMELO ANTHONY (Denver Nuggets)
1. LOS ANGELES LAKERS
2. BOSTON CELTICS
3. NEW YORK KNICKS
4. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
5. CHICAGO BULLS
6. NEW ORLEANS HORNETS
7. PHOENIX SUNS
8. MIAMI HEAT
9. DETROIT PISTONS
10. SAN ANTONIO SPURS