The Emerge Program is an attendance incentive initiative for 6th, 7th and 8th grade students in the Recovery School District. The Pelicans, in partnership with The Salvation Army Greater New Orleans Area Command and Richard’s Disposal, provide monthly incentives to students that maintain perfect attendance.
The Emerge Program reaches over 4,000 students. Since the program’s inception, average monthly attendence has increased by 14%, and the total number of students with perfect attendence by the end of the school year has more than doubled.
Qualifying students receive the following incentives:
- September: $100 Wal-Mart gift cards to purchase school uniforms and supplies.
- October: Family Pass to special events at Audubon Zoo.
- November: Pelicans Thanksgiving Food Basket from Rouses.
- December: Students are invited to the Pelicans Christmas Party and receive gifts valued up to $100 and gifts for up to three of their siblings.
- January: Tickets to a Pelicans home game.
- February: Family Pass to the Aquarium.
- March: School with the highest overall attendance receives a free Audubon Nature Institute ZOOmobile visit.
- April: Pelicans Easter Event field trip.