Tyreke Evans status listed as day-to-day
By: Jim Eichenhofer, Pelicans.com, @Jim_Eichenhofer
Updates from Wednesday morning’s shootaround at the New Orleans Arena:
• Tyreke Evans was on the court with his New Orleans teammates following shootaround. Evans is being listed by the Pelicans as day-to-day on the team’s injury report. Anthony Davis (left hand fracture) and Greg Stiemsma (sprained left knee) are listed as out.
• The Pelicans (9-10) enter Wednesday in 13th place in the Western Conference, which sounds worse than it is. Phoenix is the current eighth-place club at 12-9, only two games ahead of New Orleans. Eight teams in the conference have between eight and 11 losses.
• Ryan Anderson on the Pistons, who sport one of the biggest and most talented frontlines in Josh Smith, Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond: “For us bigs, we’ve just got to keep them off the glass, play strong defense and really stick to the gameplan. We want to eliminate easy catches for them down low, and eliminate easy shots for them.”
• Anderson believes it’s possible he could be matched up at various times against any combination of Smith, Monroe and Drummond, depending on lineups. “They want to really put size on the floor, so there are all different kinds of matchups we could use tonight,” Anderson said. “They’re a great rebounding team because of that, and they’re tough to score against down low, because they have a lot of athletic bigs.”
• The Pistons did not hold shootaround, having lost last night to Minnesota in Michigan.