Shootaround: vs. Jazz
By: Jim Eichenhofer, Hornets.com, @Jim_Eichenhofer
Updates from Friday morning’s shootaround in the New Orleans Arena:
• Monty Williams said New Orleans will use the same starting lineup for a second straight game, featuring point guard Greivis Vasquez, shooting guard Austin Rivers, small forward Al-Farouq Aminu, power forward Anthony Davis and center Robin Lopez. The Hornets used 13 different starters last season over the 66-game schedule.
• Williams on the Hornets’ rookies heading into their second regular season NBA game: “The game will start to slow down. Right now it’s fast for young guys. Once it starts to slow down, they can apply what they’re learning.”
• Williams on Rivers, who said he had been thinking too much during the game vs. the Spurs instead of playing instinctively: “He’s trying to apply his game and try to do what we want, which is a good thing. But he’ll get better.”
• Ryan Anderson on the difference between the Spurs and Hornets: “They’ve been together for a long amount of time. We’re the exact opposite: We’ve been together for a very short amount of time. (Wednesday’s 99-95 defeat) was definitely a very promising start to the season. We could’ve won that game with a few stops. We’re going to try to build on the positives of last game and just get better.”
• Anderson on Utah: “They’re a big team and like to run. We want to limit our turnovers and get rebounds. That’s what we’re going to focus on tonight. They’re a tough team because of their energy. We want to match their energy.”