Shootaround update: Bulls at Pelicans
By: Jim Eichenhofer, Pelicans.com, @Jim_Eichenhofer
Updates from Saturday morning’s shootaround at the New Orleans Arena:
• In a recent rarity, there is no current injury news to report on the New Orleans side. Ryan Anderson, Jrue Holiday and Jason Smith remain out, but the other 11 players are available to play tonight vs. Chicago (23-22).
• Anthony Davis (left index finger) said after Friday’s practice that he will play against the Bulls. Davis participated fully in Saturday’s shootaround.
• Chicago’s injury report includes just one name, but it’s Derrick Rose. He’s expected to be out for the season with a right knee injury. The Bulls’ projected starters are New Orleans native D.J. Augustin, Jimmy Butler, Mike Dunleavy, Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah.
• Pelicans sixth man Tyreke Evans is trying to bounce back from consecutive below-average shooting games, going a combined 5-for-20 on the road trip to Cleveland and Minnesota. “I’ve just got to be aggressive, just keep attacking,” Evans said. “In Cleveland, I was out of rhythm, not me. The Wolves game I was attacking but just couldn’t finish. In this game I’ve just got to keep doing that and (shots are) going to fall.”
• Evans on the Pelicans’ season so far: “Injuries have been a big factor, but that’s basketball. We’ve got three guys out, big-time guys that we need. It’s tough trying to go through this without those guys, but we’ve just got to keep focus and try to win games.”
• With New Orleans at full strength, Evans believes “the sky’s the limit. This is our first year. If everyone was healthy, we would’ve been right where we need to be. We’ve got to come back next year ready to play.”