Pregame report: Pelicans at Warriors
By: Jim Eichenhofer, Pelicans.com, @Jim_Eichenhofer
Updates from the Oracle Arena prior to Tuesday’s Western Conference game between New Orleans and Golden State:
• Tyreke Evans will miss his second straight game with a sprained left ankle, an injury he sustained in Friday’s win over Memphis. Monty Williams on Evans: “He hasn’t done any five-on-five (basketball) yet. We want to give him a couple more days, if not longer.”
• Williams on also being without Anthony Davis short term: “He’s a guy who can get you 25 points, 15 rebounds, a few blocks. It’s difficult to replace that – you really can’t. You just have to deal with it. Hopefully we get him back soon. He’s been doing court drills; he just has to get the OK to get back on the floor. When he does, we’ll be happy to have him.”
• Golden State’s injury list includes four players who are out for tonight’s game, including starting forward Andre Iguodala, Jermaine O’Neal, Festus Ezeli and Ognjen Kuzmic.
• Williams on Austin Rivers, who had his best game of 2013-14 on Sunday: “He was effective. He’s a lot like our team. He’s good in some segments; there were other times when I thought he could’ve forced the issue a little bit more. It was good to see him be aggressive, but under control.”
• Ryan Anderson continues to lead the NBA in free-throw percentage at 97.7. He’s only missed once in 43 attempts. “He’s done a really good job of being in the gym on off days,” Williams said of Anderson’s shooting prowess. “That’s just his own willingness to get better.”