Five things to know on Day 16 in Las Vegas (7/23/13)
Five things to know on Day 16 in Las Vegas
1) It seemed like there were members of the Pelicans all over the gym Monday, on the first day of USA Basketball’s minicamp in Las Vegas. Read why New Orleans is pleased to have a larger contingent at the USAB event than any NBA team.
2) USA Basketball will hold practices from 2-4:30 p.m. Central on each of the next two days. NBA TV will broadcast a “Real Training Camp” show Tuesday.
3) Through trades, free agency and the draft, New Orleans has added six players with varying skills sets. Read a player-by-play look at what the Pelicans and GM Dell Demps have accomplished over the past few weeks.
4) Monty Williams has done countless interviews in Las Vegas over the past two weeks, but his recent sitdown with Pelicans TV broadcaster Joel Meyers was easily the most extensive. Watch as Williams breaks down the team’s newcomers and discusses the state of the team.
5) The brand-new “Black and Blue Report” online radio program debuted on Monday, with guest appearances by Mickey Loomis, Bryan Gates and Jabari Greer. Make sure to tune in every weekday at 1 p.m. Central to listen. The show will also be archived so that it will be available at any time after it initially airs.